Stewart Donald masterstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appointing Parkinson when 96% of (Twitter-based) fans flat out didn't want him.

Thank the stars SD knows what he's doing and doesn't listen to the opinions of internet gobshites.

Wish he'd stay, I do.
I think your absolute love affair with him is baffling, however he definitely deserves credit for appointing and sticking with Parkinson when we pretty much all wanted him sacked so well done for that and let's hope the club gets promoted, he sells for a nice profit and we get new owners actually capable of getting us back to the premier League.

Some of our fans and large parts of the media where a disgrace the way they portrayed Jack Ross as some sort of genius we should be grateful to have at the club.Nick Barnes being the biggest arsehole.

“Jack Ross will undoubtably go and manager at a higher level than Sunderland“ absolute f***ing nonsense and one of the worst managers we ever had.

Too many people bought into the rhetoric about him being this young progressive manager. The reality was somewhat different.

Yra
Never heard of a new manager bounce? We've experienced this ourselves quite a few times.
Yeah of course, but it doesn't normally last long, certainly doesn't lay foundations. Would rather lose a few while while we're building something.
The poster I was replying to was suggesting a different manager could have come in and achieved better results than PP, which I was refuting.

We didn't win enough games to get promoted last season, and if we hadn't sacked him, we would have been lucky to finish top half.

Can you point me to where I said Ross shouldn't have been sacked?

Although his sacking should have been based on his performance, rather than a takeover falling through.

Too many people bought into the rhetoric about him being this young progressive manager. The reality was somewhat different.

Personally find it very difficult to judge him at this point.

I felt at the time he had the club pretty much where the squad should have been, playoffs.

Very very lucky appointment

Always an element of luck. However his record at this level and especially so in recent years, backs up the appointment - no luck there especially when he's got some resources.
Personally find it very difficult to judge him at this point.

I felt at the time he had the club pretty much where the squad should have been, playoffs.

I think anything less than play-off would have been a massive failure. I don't think he was strong enough, I don't think he got the best out of what was available to him and as the season wore on we bottled it. Kept hearing him talk about improving players and developing them and then he relied on the old guard and barring O'nien did anyone improve?

Last edited:
Always an element of luck. However his record at this level and especially so in recent years, backs up the appointment - no luck there especially when he's got some resources.

I think anything less than play-off would have been a massive failure. I don't think he was strong enough, I don't think he got the best out of what was available to him and as the season wore on we bottled it. Kept hearing him talk about improving players and developing them and then he relied on the old guard and barring O'nien did anyone improve?

You make a good point Perry. I just think the club has been a bit of a basket case and it may have just been too much for his characteristics.

I don't know, have a better idea in 10 years.

Tbf I was never against his appointment. (It's on here somewhere) but when he left Bolton I said I wouldn't mind having him here. He's been proven to be a very good manager at this level. Horses for courses, just like when we got Dennis Smith from York

Thank the stars SD knows what he's doing and doesn't listen to the opinions of internet gobshites.

Wish he'd stay, I do.

Not bowing to so called fanzine pressure either

I'll wait until the season ends whether he fulfilled his remit of promotion.
Excellent turn around though, and I've been one who thought he should have gone at Boxing Day.

Wish he'd stay, I do.

Where were you sat today mate?

You utter f***ing cretin, can’t even celebrate a win for the desire to criticise our fans once again from the comforts of your spunk stained bedroom.

Wish he'd stay, I do.

Nowt wrong with holding your hands up regarding a decision. When PP was linked I said he had to get the decision right (Phil Parkinson), I think he's got a lot wrong, if he then went against the fans and Parkinson was dreadful I'd have hammered him for it. Instead it currently looks a good move, and a brave one considering no one wanted him, if you'll criticise him for getting it wrong it would be churlish not to hold your hands up if he gets it right. We're definitely better now than we were under Ross so it seems a good decision. Still got a lot of concerns, but this one is definitely credit in the bank where Donald is concerned

After Bolton he was a dead man walking, and I wouldn’t find it hard to believe anyone who would have said different. It’s to both the players and his credit they have turned it round but let’s be honest here nobody would have predicted the upturn in form since then.

Anyone else got the feeling the success of Parkinson is more a fortunate accident rather than some genius design? Fair play to Phil himself. Fair play to Donald for getting rid of Ross.

Triumph or failure, I thought Parkinson was always going to be a better option than the Scotch bloke that seemed more interested in protecting his own image than getting a result.

I don't think any of you need to eat humble pie. It was a cost-cutting, pragmatic appointment that has luckily came good. None of you were wrong to treat it with healthy skepticism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back