Stewart Donald, has just offered to visit me dad at home

Absolutely brilliant that . I named my oldest middle name Niall . I got in contact with quinny via email and he said he’d sign a few things. A few months later quinny contacted me and said he’d meet in a pub one afternoon. I took the bairn who was nearly 2 at the time and me dad. Walked in to this pub and it was dickie odds stag do. They all had tshirt on. Quinn came over , took us to a table signed all our stuff. Pics taken with the bairn, offered to buy us drinks and then have Daniel ( my lad ) £20. Absolute legend and a brilliant bloke.

I hope your dads feeling better Janey
Great that marra.:cool:

Even if it was a PR stunt Donald has some balls to do it really, anything could go wrong and he could say something to drop the club in it but he doesn't care, this isn't PR this is just Donald being a decent bloke and a real people person. Maybe it's mentality carried over from the none league but none the less it's brilliant.

I tweeted earlier about how I was going to bite the bullet and go myself, I tagged him and sunderland in (first time, just as a way of showing support).
I’m not easily gobsmacked but I got this tweet in reply

“Fantastic. I am sure we could organise a visit to him if he can’t make it to us - if you think it is possible. Just send me a DM and if there is anything u would like us to do we will try. Thank him from me for his support. I can try and pop and see him before the game Sunday ?”

There will always be debate about intentions, money, motives. But this is something he just didn’t have to do.
This is a personal side to football I thought had gone.

I wondered whether that was you when it popped up on my Twitter feed.

It’s a really nice gesture. Haway Janey’s Dad. :cool:

I tweeted earlier about how I was going to bite the bullet and go myself, I tagged him and sunderland in (first time, just as a way of showing support).

“Fantastic. I am sure we could organise a visit to him if he can’t make it to us - if you think it is possible. Just send me a DM and if there is anything u would like us to do we will try. Thank him from me for his support. I can try and pop and see him before the game Sunday ?”

There will always be debate about intentions, money, motives. But this is something he just didn’t have to do.
That's fantastic Janey. Get a couple of pics with him. What a man he is. What a fantastic daughter you are to your poorly dad anarl. Very proud of you xx

Top class

Back