Stewart Donald down the Seafront today

Call it self-important if you like, but I was being asked to do something which had the potential of getting me into fairly serious grief with my professional body. Simple as that.

Common sense and honourable ethics, I admire your stance and attitude GOM.
Others should stop and think before posting “exclusive/second hand” information that name or besmirch the reputation of individuals on message boards, libel laws still apply and remember that in such cases the onus is always on proving the accusation or stated “fact”.

If stupid money was offered, how could you exclude it? But that only comes into play if someone actually does.

Exactly. It's impossible to comment on if they will leave or not with 2 months of the window to go.

If for any reason they do go now then he's going to look like a liar. Stupid money is also subjective and what I think is stupid money may well be different in Donald's head, and presumably if either of them leave it will be (different in our minds).

25th August - McLaughlan leaves for 500k and Donald says he had to accept as it was silly money for example.

Exactly. It's impossible to comment on if they will leave or not with 2 months of the window to go.

If for any reason they do go now then he's going to look like a liar. Stupid money is also subjective and what I think is stupid money may well be different in Donald's head, and presumably if either of them leave it will be (different in our minds).

25th August - McLaughlan leaves for 500k and Donald says he had to accept as it was silly money for example.

To an extent, but I think for a few of the larger earners the opportunity to get the wages off the books would mean we'd not be looking for too much of a fee.

To an extent, but I think for a few of the larger earners the opportunity to get the wages off the books would mean we'd not be looking for too much of a fee.

But that shouldn't affect McLaughlan as he isn't a high earner.

You'd think Mcgeady woukd be on the block because of his wages but Donald is saying he definitely won't be leaving.

could somebody copy and paste the 11am statement please, security on my works computer and no access to my phone so cant access twitter at the moment...cheers in advance

could somebody copy and paste the 11am statement please, security on my works computer and no access to my phone so cant access twitter at the moment...cheers in advance

@SunderlandAFC These are the facts. Signings will happen soon with investment in the team where sensible. Club investment will happen - we have plans & options and I will explain how & why in due course (month). Speculation though is just that
Logon or register to see this image

Aye, but you chose to believe that he was so hammered last night that he couldn’t speak at the charity function and that he left his family for his current mrs. Both have been proven to be incorrect - maybe you should start giving him the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

Plus, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a bug that Jim Carey caught in that film. ;)
I'll admit it was wrong to bring that up in response to the remark about Quinn. But it just proves you can't believe everything you hear. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I don't think we are as financial sound as Donald makes out and I don't think we are as bad as the press are making out. It's a worrying situation but in time the truth will come out regardless.

@SunderlandAFC These are the facts. Signings will happen soon with investment in the team where sensible. Club investment will happen - we have plans & options and I will explain how & why in due course (month). Speculation though is just that
Reminds me of George RR Martin in South Park.

Butters "When are the dragons coming?"

Martin "Oh they are coming."

The funniest ICAEW disciplinary I ever saw was about 30 years ago when it emerged that the mercenary "Mad" Mike Hoare was also an ACA. " On date X, he brought discredit to himself, the Institute, and the profession of accountancy in that he did attempt the overthrow of the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo". He was, of course, excluded from membership.

There's been some really funny ICAEW disciplinary hearings over the years.

We'd be idiots to turn it down. He's saying it now because that is the situation now. Obviously, if someone came along offering a stupid amount of money, you'd have to have a serious think about it.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t JM in the final year of his contract? If correct, JM, or his representative, may have started discussing a new contract with SAFC (hopefully we tie his future to us) but bear in mind he is perfectly entitled to see out his contract and consider other offers after January and we get and we lose out - obviously another factor that needs to be taken into consideration?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t JM in the final year of his contract? If correct, JM, or his representative, may have started discussing a new contract with SAFC (hopefully we tie his future to us) but bear in mind he is perfectly entitled to see out his contract and consider other offers after January and we get and we lose out - obviously another factor that needs to be taken into consideration?

Signed a 2 year deal, so you’re corrrect.

Back