Stewart and Charlie would have had away with our club badge if they could

Wouldnt surprise me if that bizzare RAWA group were behind it.The same ones who opted to re name the south stand the Roker end ???? South stand should have been re named after a club legend.Ditto North stand.
Theres only one original Roker End from RP.

Last edited:

Just get rid of the lions and Latin shit and have the middle shield - means the seats etc dont need changing - just the badge on the shirts which would be probably far more marketable as less busy.
Make the bridge and Lambton black. Jobs a good un.

Anyone decent with photoshop who could have a bash?

That’s exactly what it is.

At the time of its design Newcastle had a good 5 year of unparalleled success in the north east and couldn’t put a foot wrong in the media’s eyes.So someone paid to do our latest heap of shite of a badge decided to trace round the outline of the mags badge and draw Penshaw Monument and the town bridge in the middle.
It’s shite.

Spot-on. Murray and Fickling etc didn't possess much originality at all with that and the stadium name.
I thought both were shite at the time and still do. As someone said, it's very 90s when clubs were going for crests and most have gotten rid of them (apart from the Mags and us).

The ship one was original to us and easily recognisable. When you see telly coverage with all of the badges in the backdrop, ours doesn't stand out at all. In short, shite.

Last edited:
I can't stand our current badge. Faux-historical shite. Wolves did similar when they ditched their simple wolf design in favour of a made-up crest. They changed back a while ago - we didn't.

This is something loads of our fans wanted. In fact I think there was a thread last week suggesting it should be one of the first things KLD does.

There’s a strange bunch of people born in the 50s that are stuck in the 80s that think years of obscurity, ship badges and Z cars are nirvana.

Exactly this - forgetting there is a whole generation of supporters who only know the current badge.

This is something loads of our fans wanted. In fact I think there was a thread last week suggesting it should be one of the first things KLD does.

There’s a strange bunch of people born in the 50s that are stuck in the 80s that think years of obscurity, ship badges and Z cars are nirvana.
Harsh that post mind.

I was born in the 70s and have embraced the move to the SOL.

I loved roker but it was dropping to bits in the end .

I also accepted and like the badge we have now.

However I’m of the opinion we should run out to Z cars and go back to the ship badge because it’s more traditional.

And I think the north stand should be called the full well.

Back