Steve Parkin

so you think playing defensive football is old fashioned?

its become the modern way..

I'm suggesting the man is a dinosaur and his brand of defensive/hoof ball football is unattractive, but its a free country and we all have opinions and choices. I'll go for the rest of this season as I've paid for it but I'll make a judgement on what happens between now and then both on and off the field before I decide if next season is worth another £700.

I'm suggesting the man is a dinosaur and his brand of defensive/hoof ball football is unattractive, but its a free country and we all have opinions and choices. I'll go for the rest of this season as I've paid for it but I'll make a judgement on what happens between now and then both on and off the field before I decide if next season is worth another £700.
how do you know he plays hoofball all the time?

Well me for one. I'd rather the club was modern and forward thinking in its strategy. Watching football that didn't offend my eyes would be nice too.
In the third division I dont think that kind of footy exists tbf, winning games is all that counts imo.

Next season is a different matter ( if we go up )
Exactly. I didn’t want the bloke, but we have to give him a chance. Ross had to go as it wasn’t working. He was making a simple game complicated. It’s league one, a bit of dinosaur football might actually work.
It worked for big Sam in the premiership tbf
Doesn't mean you can't play exciting football.
In the third division? Haway mate, that's never going to happen

Last edited:
Bellends also stapled BSA's brand of football dinosaur hoof ball and not worth watching. Always looked good footy to me though, keeping it tight at the back and using our flair players to hit them back.

Wasn't Peter Reid branded a dinosaur as well? Just because you want to get the basics right doesn't mean it's shite football..

nope. im not the one accusing him of stuff..im the one keeping an open mind, rather than labelling him a a dinosaur..you make the accusations, you back them up, or you get called out for chating shit..

"His last season was disappointing. A mixture of poor results and an awful brand of football meant many fans were calling for his head"

"He plays a brand of football that whilst not necessarily being eye catching, is effective"

"But one criticism of Parkinson that is concerning some Black Cats fans is his style of play, which was often criticised by Bradford and Bolton fans towards the end of his tenures there"

Jurassic Park.

Last edited:
but his teams do more than survive..they thrive..he gets prmotion from this league..
english football is now full of high press defensive stuff..very boring..

No it isn't, what absolute nonsense. Norwich played a high press last season and attacked teams, Barnsley did, Liverpool did, Man City did, Luton did. The teams at the top attack the opposition, a lot of those teams they play against go defensive but they certainly don't play a high press against them as they'd get torn apart.

No it isn't, what absolute nonsense. Norwich played a high press last season and attacked teams, Barnsley did, Liverpool did, Man City did, Luton did. The teams at the top attack the opposition, a lot of those teams they play against go defensive but they certainly don't play a high press against them as they'd get torn apart.
norwhich play with a big lump up front..they also played the high press..and yes they attack teams..and they were at the top..big lump up fron doesnt have to be defensive..thats the point..people calling parkisnon a dinosuar for playing a big lump up front are in fact the dinosuars!

A team that gets 3 points a match consistently is more important than tippy tappy football. We need to be hardworking, physical, organised and most importantly successful.

We've just sacked a manager who lost less games during his tenure than anyone bar Pep and Klopp. On that basis I'd argue that the type of football on offer is important. As I say though it's up to individuals to come to their own conclusions. If poor but effective football floats your boat that's fine marra. It's not my cup of tea though.

norwhich play with a big lump up front..they also played the high press..and yes they attack teams..and they were at the top..big lump up fron doesnt have to be defensive..thats the point..people calling parkisnon a dinosuar for playing a big lump up front are in fact the dinosuars!

Pukki is 5 foot 11, not a big lump they hoy the ball up to

We've just sacked a manager who lost less games during his tenure than anyone bar Pep and Klopp. On that basis I'd argue that the type of football on offer is important. As I say though it's up to individuals to come to their own conclusions. If poor but effective football floats your boat that's fine marra. It's not my cup of tea though.
I back substance over style every day of the week.

Back