Steve Evans

Boot Cleaner

Striker
Peterborough manager was live on sky sports news earlier and he reckons come the new year Sunderland will be runaway leaders and its up to them to try and keep as close as they possibly can :cool:

Anybody thinking this is going to be a piece of piss, are mental. We’re everybody’s final and a lot of teams are going to be up for it. Luckily we’ve had that extra bit of quality to pull us out of the shit and win from going a goal behind. We can’t be that lucky all of the time.
It's not luck. It's been good play. Most of the goals have been down to excellent finishing on the end of good play.

We've had no penalties, no goals from free kicks, just good play, breaking down defensive teams

Anybody thinking this is going to be a piece of piss, are mental. We’re everybody’s final and a lot of teams are going to be up for it. Luckily we’ve had that extra bit of quality to pull us out of the shit and win from going a goal behind. We can’t be that lucky all of the time.

You make your own luck if you’re a good side.

Same as it was last time, I don't think it will be piss easy, I do fully expect us to get out first time though. Inability to achieve this is a massive failure in my opinion.

Spot on. Wish those with the ideas of the league by Christmas would just shut up. Those there yesterday will support the view that we are an unfinished article and should have been beaten yesterday but for poor finishing by the Dons. Need to remain humble and let the football do the talking.

Back