Steve Clarke’s post match interview

The word "fenian" in itself isn't sectarian. It's nothing to do with religion. It's a name given to members of the republican brotherhood. A movement dedicated to an independent Ireland. As Rangers supporters are, in the main, against the idea of an independent Ireland then it becomes a slur but most clubs have some sort of "slur" name for their rival.
Fenian isn’t sectarian :lol: deary me.

not in the religious aspect, no.

Fenian is more about republican terrorism than anything else. The brotherhood that attempted to gain independence from England by force.

if Celtic wish to associate themselves with that (see: Paddy McCourt chant) then that's not our problem.

the reality is no-one at Rangers is offended by being called an orange bastard or a hun and no-one at Parkhead is offended by "fenian".

it's so sectarian that there's a street in Dublin that uses the word..

Fenian Street | Map of Dublin from DublinMapped.com

I don't get it.

Last edited:

Fenian is more about republican terrorism than anything else. The brotherhood that attempted to gain independence from England by force.

if Celtic wish to associate themselves with that (see: Paddy McCourt chant) then that's not our problem.

the reality is no-one at Rangers is offended by being called an orange bastard or a hun and no-one at Parkhead is offended by "fenian".

I don't get it.

Apart from you that squeals every time I call you it. Knowing fine well it’s a slur but not bigoted or sectarian.

Don't ever say we don't care.. :rolleyes:

Logon or register to see this image

:lol:

Pathetic

I don't get it.

im from ireland and I broadly agree with you that Fenian is not a secterian word, in that Fenians were of many religious denominations..
but it is still offensive to people as they feel they are being called terrorists or being linked to terrorism..

completely ignored.

has @Wearside Wanderer II commented on the chants at Ibrox during the week? Nah. Didn't think so.

Fuck me, the orange heifer has finally showed up!

I’ve been blootered all week after sending you rancid bastards out of the cup :lol::lol::lol::lol:.
Anyway since when was ‘orange’ a naughty chant?
I do hope someone has told Terrys about this, I quite like their chocolate segments.

Anyway girfuy ya mattress wanker

I’ve been blootered all week after sending you rancid bastards out of the cup :lol::lol::lol::lol:.
Anyway since when was ‘orange’ a naughty chant?
I do hope someone has told Terrys about this, I quite like their chocolate segments.

Anyway girfuy ya mattress wanker

"orange bastard" is as sectarian as "fenian" you complete and utter fruitloop.

imagine pretending otherwise.

I'm not surprised though.

Aberdeen are innocent.

Another top result for the EBT-ers today. I told Dober weeks ago that they’d drop a tonne of points before the end of the season :lol:

shite again today.

we've become predictable. After playing Aberdeen and Kilmarnock 40 times each in a season using the same players in the same 4-3-3 formation these teams cotton on and work out how to play us yet we change nowt.

Gerrard needs to learn... fast.

Imagine how much most people have evolved these days and still being triggered by religion. Mindless morons, brainwashed. Saying that if you follow the good stuff in almost all religions it's a pretty good way to live your life. Grow the fuck up.

No mate the west of Scotland and their hangers on are just arseholes, the boil on Scotland’s arse cheeks.
That brings back memories. Wouldn't tar all of Glasgow with the same stick. Worked on west coast for a couple of years in the early 80's. Fortunate to get digs with great family in Maryhill. Hated the sectarian shite so went to Patrick thistle whenever I could. My pals old man had a great line about Celtic and rangers "Look at them both think they are right and both spouting shit. Have you seen this city son they are just two cheeks of the same shity arse"

Imagine how much most people have evolved these days and still being triggered by religion. Mindless morons, brainwashed. Saying that if you follow the good stuff in almost all religions it's a pretty good way to live your life. Grow the fuck up.

Yesterday we had Steve Clarke advocating jail sentences for singing a song.

imagine being triggered by a song.

Back