Steve Bruce

I do personally think he got an unnecessarily hard time from our lot, maybe the beauty of hindsight, maybe just time softening the feelings, but out of the managers we've had in recent years, he did do the best of them.

But in fairness, I really don't give a damn now, he's not our manager any more. What I want to be saying come the end of the year is that Jack Ross is a great maanger.

Fair summary from the BBC reporter:

Steve Bruce is unquestionably one of football's nice guys - and it was so good to see the smile back on his face tonight.

It's unfortunate for Hull City that their luck wasn't in. This game could so easily have gone the other way until it turned for Villa late on. But the Tigers have only themselves to blame for some poor defending.

And, after the year Bruce has endured on the personal front and the summer he has had to experience after play-off final despair in May, few would begrudge the former Hull City boss this result.

A good night for a good man at the KCOM Stadium. Goodnight.

Relive Aston Villa's win over Hull City

The stick he got here was unbelievable.
How can they tell he's smiling ? Hes got a face like a crumpled cushion

I do personally think he got an unnecessarily hard time from our lot, maybe the beauty of hindsight, maybe just time softening the feelings, but out of the managers we've had in recent years, he did do the best of them.

But in fairness, I really don't give a damn now, he's not our manager any more. What I want to be saying come the end of the year is that Jack Ross is a great maanger.
It wouldn’t have been so bad if he kept his gob shut. 10th this and we’re only Sunderland that! Prick

He was hounded for the following in order of importance (to our fans anyway)

1. We were struggling while mags were unexpectedly flying.

2. His record against mags was crap.

3. He called the fans out in their delusion and gave a perspective on what we are as w club.

4. He’d dangled top 6 carrot and hope of better things only for things to level out and finish 10th which was good achievement but spoilt brat fans wanted more.

5. Combine all above with him being of mag persuasion and you have a recipe for what happened at Wigan game.

People love talking about the winless runs but to finish 13th and 10th we must’ve had good runs as well. That is purely a convenient smokescreen as given the reasons above it’s quite clear the issue was the Newcastle fascination. The mags are no different by the way.
I think that the 2 very long winless runs were more important than your 5 points.

Bruce dismantled the decent team he had then bought players with no real.plan of where they fitted into his plans. Player did ok the season before and was interested in a move he got them, fuck does it matter if we don't need that type of player.

He got stick cause we were so close to breaking into the top 10 regular and pushing for top 6. Then he took it apart and replaced it with shite. Also the fact he never admitted he got things wrong and blamed his roots has made things worse.

Just looked at their result did he buy Elmo again? Seriously has anyone else bought that lad in his career? How comes he never fancied him here but then has had him everywhere else.

Two choppers together.

Last edited:

Back