Steve Bruce

What did he do like marra?
They put one player or the manager on each table with Plebs like me who had paid a fortune for the privilege. He was just rude and f***ing ignorant. Wouldn't answer questions didn't engage in any conversation . Was abusive to the waitresses. He was just aloof and unpleasant.
Did I tell you I hugged Sarah Jane thou so I didn't mind.

They put one player or the manager on each table with Plebs like me who had paid a fortune for the privilege. He was just rude and f***ing ignorant. Wouldn't answer questions didn't engage in any conversation . Was abusive to the waitresses. He was just aloof and unpleasant.
Quite surprised by that tbf.

Thought she'd have just told you to fuck off.

I think Sarah Jane Mee often gets to that kind of event. You should have hugged her!

Fair summary from the BBC reporter:

Steve Bruce is unquestionably one of football's nice guys - and it was so good to see the smile back on his face tonight.

It's unfortunate for Hull City that their luck wasn't in. This game could so easily have gone the other way until it turned for Villa late on. But the Tigers have only themselves to blame for some poor defending.

And, after the year Bruce has endured on the personal front and the summer he has had to experience after play-off final despair in May, few would begrudge the former Hull City boss this result.

A good night for a good man at the KCOM Stadium. Goodnight.

Relive Aston Villa's win over Hull City

The stick he got here was unbelievable.
Was it fuck; another Mag reinventing history. Bruce needs to quit with his paranoia about his time here. It was results that got him the sack. If he'd been managing your lot with the same results he'd have been gone much sooner.

Let's not forget that we finished tenth mainly because every team around us f*cked up on that final game of the season, including the Mags throwing away a 3-0 lead against West Brom, which meant that we leapfrogged both of them, (and both Stoke and Bolton, too), by beating a hapless and long since relegated West Ham.

We went into that final game in 14th and everything just went our way.

Fine margins.

OP loves a Bruce thread

Mag

He's a Man United fan, from Sunderland.

He had to sell Henderson as well, wickham was wanted by every team in the land, and we got Gardner with the change who did well.

Short memories.

He was trying to sell Henderson for ages, even Alex Ferguson mentioned it in his book - to drum up more funds to waste. It's what he does talks them up in every press conference and how he doesn't want to lose them etc (Jones was another), then plays the hard done to routine when he sells them see also Bent, Savage, Long, Gyan and now he's been trying it with Grealish. It's because the fucker has no idea how to build a team and constantly tries to re-invent it every season by freshening it up and right now he's out of funds.

And Wickham was apparently wanted by Spurs and Liverpool. Both clubs who are known to snap up young talents. The fact we beat them to him tells you how much they really wanted him. And Bruce couldn't even get his story right on Wickham - first it was too much/too early for him then he chucked him in as soon as he got desperate.

Last edited:
I don't kneejerk. I am usually one of the last people to call for a manager to be sacked.
However, I had watched us play awful football with no apparent system, strange pointless substitutions, no tactics or plan, for a lot of games.
Then we played Wigan, it was symbolic and he didn't have a clue. I said to my mate at the end of that match that he had to go. As it happens, he did.
That's why he was sacked, because he didn't know what to do to change it and get us playing.

He had to sell Henderson as well, wickham was wanted by every team in the land, and we got Gardner with the change who did well.

Short memories.

Gardener was wank btw. He scored a few one season, mainly set pieces, but Bruce admitted he'd bought him because of goals on Radio Newcastle before the season kicked off. He also mentioned he'd brought in Larsson for set pieces. With Gardner he'd brought him in seemingly without knowing how he'd scored those goals at Birmingham and tried to operated him as an out and out central midfielder, with licence to get forward. Several games in he dropped him.

Back