Sterling & Gomez Bust Up

They should have just kept it in house.
Southgate knows what the press are like and the hysteria of social media.
So a couple of players have a had ruck,so f***ing what.
I like Southgate, but this is the wrong call.

He’s one of our best players and should be playing imo ,

agree with nipping it in the bud but to leave sterling out is a bit strange ,
perhaps he went completely over the top
Not for me. If a senior player goes on like a dick then it needs dealing with. Too many years we’ve basically allowed the likes of Beckham, Rooney and co rule the roost. Southgate has shown him and the other squad members who is in charge. If Ferguson did the same he would be praised for it. Great management from Southgate imo. He could have went one stage further and actually sent Sterling home.
They should have just kept it in house.
Southgate knows what the press are like and the hysteria of social media.
So a couple of players have a had ruck,so f***ing what.
I like Southgate, but this is the wrong call.
Pretty much impossible these days.

So despite Southgate saying Sterling was at fault, Sterling saying he was at fault and the official statement saying Sterling was at fault, people on here think well known “Scouse c**t” Joe Gomez (who is from London) is to blame?

And not to mention the obligatory wacky jokes about how Liverpool are never to blame?

Phew. You’ve saved me from writing it. Boring isn’t it? Same bloody thing every time Liverpool mentioned. Change the record. It’s like the way a five-year-old keeps saying the same joke on repeat, every two minutes.

We all get it now. Have your opinion – I personally don’t give a s**t either way about Liverpool/Liverpool fans – but repeating it ad nauseum, on every thread. You look like you have nothing intelligent or constructive to say. Which may be true but don’t give it away. Total bore off.

Imagine dropping a player of Sterling’s quality :lol: :lol: :lol: Just as England looked on the verge of having a really good young team this happens, couldn’t make it up really.
Youre getting a bit carried away like 😂

Even if it is steroings fault gomez will be the one to get dropped in the long run not sterling

While I agree with what Southgate has brought to the set up I think this could have been easily put down as a precaution injury and kept in house. Seems unnecessary to let us know they had a tiff with each other for a minute or two and publicise a precedent. Think if was a higher profile game this wouldn't have happened

I think the issue's maybe ran a little bit deeper than just Stirling and Gomez just ribbing each other and one becoming more irate than the other.
I think there could be a little bit of afters with the coaching staff in terms of maybe Stirling's went a bit overboard on them too, for maybe trying to cool the situation.
Obviously I'm guessing but I just don't think Sterling would be dropped just because of a strong disagreement with one player and especially a player that is just hot off a win for his club against Stirling's club.

I think Southgate's likely dealt with a situation that's more of sending a message out that no player is bigger than the England set up, regardless of who's part of it.

It's not ideal but then again we've got enough players to cope in his absence. It's not like we're playing the top sides.
He throttled Gomez in the canteen when Gomez had shaken his hand.

Back