Sterling & Gomez Bust Up

Well done Jordan Henderson. Showing true leadership qualities where the so-called captain and manager have failed.

Joke of a decision to omit Sterling.

I agree re Henderson but Sterling has attacked one of his teammates, that’s not acceptable in any walk of life.

Shows an appalling lack of discipline which could effect the team in big games.

Stinking crack that mate.

Excellent rebuttal Chris.
Well it is. They're grown men, it's a competitive environment they're in, tensions flare, deal with it in house. Excluding one of them like a naughty school boy is a bit pathetic. Especially at a time when the manager is preaching about us not being so arrogant on the international stage, yet he's willing to go into a qualifier without arguably our best player because of a little spat in the dressing room. It's a nonsense.

Seems like awful man management that. Keep it in house, sit them down, discipline them internally if needs be and itll blow over. Instead hes chosen to alienate just the one player publically and create a media storm. That's before you even consider hes Englands best player by a considerable margin.
Why comment on how well Southgate has managed the situation when you have f***ing no idea at all what went on?

Why comment on how well Southgate has managed the situation when you have f***ing no idea at all what went on?

Because I am entitled to an opinion. He has dealt with it in the public domain therefore he is going to attract opinions. I think it's the managers job to deal with this sort of stuff internally and absorb any of the heat himself. Protect the players from the media, not publically shame them. Henry said they'd have fights almost weekly in that invincibles team - cant ever remember Wenger turning it into a media shit fest.

Well it is. They're grown men, it's a competitive environment they're in, tensions flare, deal with it in house. Excluding one of them like a naughty school boy is a bit pathetic. Especially at a time when the manager is preaching about us not being so arrogant on the international stage, yet he's willing to go into a qualifier without arguably our best player because of a little spat in the dressing room. It's a nonsense.

Grown men in a competitive atmosphere means violence is OK? If anything, it shows Sterling is a petulant child who needs to grow up.

It has been dealt with in-house, Southgate has simply advised the media why he has been excluded for one game.

I doubt Jeff Bezos strangles his colleagues in meetings.

Last edited:
Grown men in a competitive atmosphere means violence is OK? If anything, it shows Sterling is a petulant child who needs to grow up.

It has been dealt with in-house, Southgate has simply advised the media why he has been excluded for one game.

I doubt Jeff Bezos strangles his colleagues in meetings.
Not really the same thing though is it.

I think you're being a bit of a fanny to be honest.

I think he deserves to be left out, He has started a fight with a fellow player cos hes a spoilt child who couldn't take the fact they got beat on Sunday.

Well done Southgate

Bit oversensitive I think. I know Southgate is keen to stamp out club rivalries given the havoc they played with the so-called 'golden generation'. But this sounds f***ing innocuous and I can quite understand why Sterling would be pissed off by any big time charlie shit from Gomez, given Gomez played for precisely 3 minutes of the match and Sterling was, despite losing, one of the best players on the pitch.

I mean, dropping out best player for a bit of handbags. Nah, not having it.

So you don't believe in squad discipline then, its been seen in a statement from both the manager and player who was at fault, the player has took it on the chin, and moved on.

So you don't believe in squad discipline then, its been seen in a statement from both the manager and player who was at fault, the player has took it on the chin, and moved on.

Aye, but the media are feasting on it now.

It's a judgement call. It's not the worst decision the world has seen, but I would have handled it differently (probably).

All about opinions. The anecdote about Henderson shows, to me, a squad that is encouragingly proactive about disciplining itself. That's a good dressing room culture imo - no need for the manager to use it to make a bigger point. That point is not a bad one to make, but he can't do it without the media feasting on it, and given their treatment of the player in question generally, it's a big risk.

Having said that, if I were Southgate and were privy to the knowledge the media were going to get stuck in anyway, then I might do as he has done, because then his strategy becomes the most effective (albeit imperfect) way to draw a line under it.

I’d be a reet petty c*nt if I was Sterling and just withdraw completely...

being England’s best player and all

Cutting off his nose to spite his face if he done that, be stupid.

Seen the scratch mind he must fight like a right little fanny.

Scratching wtf... :lol:

Aye, but the media are feasting on it now.

It's a judgement call. It's not the worst decision the world has seen, but I would have handled it differently (probably).

All about opinions. The anecdote about Henderson shows, to me, a squad that is encouragingly proactive about disciplining itself. That's a good dressing room culture imo - no need for the manager to use it to make a bigger point. That point is not a bad one to make, but he can't do it without the media feasting on it, and given their treatment of the player in question generally, it's a big risk.

Having said that, if I were Southgate and were privy to the knowledge the media were going to get stuck in anyway, then I might do as he has done, because then his strategy becomes the most effective (albeit imperfect) way to draw a line under it.

So all in all i think we can agree with some sort of certain point of view that in fact looking at it, from long term point of view its been a good decision all round, and in the future it may assist the national team going forwards, and given its not a game against a Spain or Brazil or France etc, that the players within the side who can play, Sterling's position may be taken up by one of them, or a formation change and young maddison finally gets his debut he's been working so hard in the league for, for example of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a bare knuckle and sort it out like us proper fighting men, have a straightener then shake hands afterwards. Pussys.

Back