Sterling & Gomez Bust Up

Imagine dropping a player of Sterling’s quality :lol: :lol: :lol: Just as England looked on the verge of having a really good young team this happens, couldn’t make it up really.

Good management from Southgate in my opinion, we have as good as qualified and he making a bit of an example of Sterling that club football should stay at the club
Let's not be sniffy here - this is a must-win game. Win this and the one on Thursday is the dead rubber, not this one. And Sterling is our best player.

I also think its risky because it unleashes another media feeding frenzy on our best player and this could have a lasting impact given his tribulations with them. We have to be careful with Sterling, he's our best asset.

I don't like discipline in the media glare. If he wanted to punish Sterling then he could have just dropped him and said "tactics". Or "resting him". And kept it all in-house. Especially as it seems like the players are taking a good amount of responsibility for themselves.

In this day and age its impossible to keep things like this out the media unfortunately

Last edited:
So all the England squad agree that Sterling should be dropped from the Montenegro game. Imagine he will feel uncomfortable with the rest of the lads.

If I got a had of someone else at work by the neck I don’t think I’d just be getting sent home with a flea in my ear.

Gomez looks a bit sneery on the slo-mo - like he thinks he's better cos he's a bit taller :lol:

all seems a bit daft to me but Gareth knows what he's doing

Well they're not running about the board room flying into tackles with reps from Ebay are they? :lol: Fuckin' hell man.

Competitiveness/extremely high levels of stress and pressure isn’t exclusive to sports.

No, they aren’t tackling people (bit of a childish analogy) but they will be under as much stress if not more and the level they have to perform at to get to that level is just as high if not higher. So my point still stands.

Back