Stephanie Frappart

In general they are, though last ten years it's been exceptional era for men's tennis.

But do I think Steffi Graf as skilful as her husband, for example? Yes - and he is on record as agreeing.

Do I think someone like Billie Jean King as skilful as John McEnroe - yes, definitely.

It's just a different game because of the power/athletic differences. The skill levels are as high. Why on earth wouldn't they be? Do people seriously think that men naturally more skilful than women? How many skill sports at the Olympics do they have to watch for this to be disproven? Only this week Simone Biles, the gymnast, has performed a move that only two men have ever achieved - and done it better than them. It's incredible that people think women can't be as skilful.
It's more incredible that people think they can.

It's more incredible that people think they can.

You think men are naturally more skilful than women? Seriously?

Not taking about pace, or power, or strength, or endurance (though there's no physiological reason why men should have more endurance - and in fact, the best ultra-marathon runner in the world is a woman). Skill?

Why?

Not taking about pace, or power, or strength, or endurance (though there's no physiological reason why men should have more endurance - and in fact, the best ultra-marathon runner in the world is a woman). Skill?

Why?

Well i googled the top ten and they are all men

So what shìt are yee chattin ?

Women should not officiate mens football. Just like men should not officiate women's football. Fifa rejected a call for men to officiate the women's World Cup, but yet we continue to see women being pushed into the men's game.. Beggars belief imo.

But she handled the game well, didn’t dish out yellow cards like smarties.

i think a better comparison would be could a female professional footballer cut in a mens professional league, say league 2 as a starting point. and if she could, would she earn more than being at the top of the women's game? and would she even want to? like all mens footballers, players naturally find there rough level, i think the main argument is 'is there any female players who would cut it in professional football?' - and if so, is there anything stopping them from doing so?

this ref argument is completely different, that lass ref last night is clearly better than most refs outside of the top flight in England, or at least equal. but referreeing doesn't require and particular physical skills other than being in good shape.
No she couldn't, first 50/50 she'd be smashed and out for 3 months.

It really doesn't matter who the referee is as long as they know what they are doing. It's the players that should be getting the attention.

Why?
Because men are

OK... What next? when are the first women going to be playing in the men's league. I'm all for women having equal rights. So fare enough, have their own league system, clubs, officials etc but I don't see why we have to cross over the too.

I'm not a caveman, sexists or anything of the sort, I'm fully behind women's rights/equality, I used to go off it about my local working men's club, who didn't let women into the bar. I argued for ages that women should be allowed in and if not, they should have their own bar where men can't enter.

I just don't like this race by the liberal lovey dovey left, to cross over everything the opposite sexes do, particularly in football, when clearly the male and the female games are poles apart.

How is this referee going to react to the male players lambasting her? Oh aye, they'll be labelled sexist yada yada yada for shouting and intimidating her.

It's like the equal pay argument. There is no way that women footballers should be paid the same as men. The men's game brings in millions upon millions, more demanding both physically and mentally and has a far superior level of interest amongst fans, so they get paid proportionally.

Blah Blah Blah... I'll be labelled backwards, sexist or a caveman etc etc so fuck! #bothered

Interestingly, the women's us football team makes more money for the US fa than the men's but they still get paid a lot less by the usfa.

She got the penalty call wrong like. VAR should've corrected it, but it was her mistake. Same goes with Adrian coming off his line. Bit of a farce saying it was a 10/10 performance when she got those two key decisions incorrect.

Especially since prior to nearly every penalty she told the keepers "keep your feet on the line"

..... apart from the most important, winning one, where the emotion of the moment took over.

Women should not officiate mens football. Just like men should not officiate women's football. Fifa rejected a call for men to officiate the women's World Cup, but yet we continue to see women being pushed into the men's game.. Beggars belief imo.

It beggars belief how some people can’t understand why there are restrictions on men going into the women’s game to officiate

Why are there? Just wondering, like.

There is a significant push to increase participation in the women’s game on all fronts. The men’s game does not have the same problem RE participation .

Back