Stephanie Frappart

Did she make a massive mistake with the penalty decision? sounds like one of our players, decent for 80 or so minutes and then makes a costly blunder.

I'm not trying to find loop holes. It is incredibly simple, anyone who can perform better than the worst performing premier league footballer has a right to play premier league football. It's as simple as that, unless you're going to put specific targets that male footballers have to meet otherwise they aren't allowed to play.

It doesn't matter whether it turned out to be only 1 woman could outperform the worst premier league footballer or thousands can, you shouldn't be treating them differently JUST because of sex, you can treat them differently on performance but that is not consistent for either sex. Some men's footballers are extremely slow, some seem fairly weak, some have no footballing technique, some have no stamina and need to be subbed at 60 minutes. If a female footballer can out perform those attributes, why should they not be allowed?

I think you're referring to a match 20 years ago where both Williams' sisters played an ex pro?

Ok. An under 15 academy male team out performed the female world cup champions.

That's the point. They are not as good. And it's down to sex, the physiology dictates it.

The best ref in our Championship last season isn't the best ref in Europe either and that's a better level than the French 2nd division.

Total rubbish.

If a man had exactly the same career as the lady in question he wouldn't have been in the top 100 possibles for refereeing this game.

She did OK but it was a political decision.

If she were a man, her ability as a referee would have seen her have way more opportunities.

Sad fact is, she needs to be over-promoted because unfortunately the football world is populated by chauvinist clowns who likely won't give women a fair chance. There'll be a stack of highly mediocre male referees who, because men dominate the industry and always have done, will have way more experience than her. This has happened in countless other industries, where men held power and experience because they were men and kept women at bay with "experience". Why should football be any different? There is no need for a referee to be a man.

Bottom line: I refuse to believe the best female referee in the world is only good enough for the French League 2. She was given a platform appropriate to her talent, not her experience and performed with aplomb. Let's have more of it.

If she were a man, her ability as a referee would have seen her have way more opportunities.

Sad fact is, she needs to be over-promoted because unfortunately the football world is populated by chauvinist clowns who likely won't give women a fair chance. There'll be a stack of highly mediocre male referees who, because men dominate the industry and always have done, will have way more experience than her. This has happened in countless other industries, where men held power and experience because they were men and kept women at bay with "experience". Why should football be any different? There is no need for a referee to be a man.

Bottom line: I refuse to believe the best female referee in the world is only good enough for the French League 2. She was given a platform appropriate to her talent, not her experience and performed with aplomb. Let's have more of it.

Fair points. Now could Alex Morgan lead the line in the PL?

Women should not officiate mens football. Just like men should not officiate women's football. Fifa rejected a call for men to officiate the women's World Cup, but yet we continue to see women being pushed into the men's game.. Beggars belief imo.

Fair points. Now could Alex Morgan lead the line in the PL?

No.

I think the gap in men's and women's football can and will close substantially. The skill levels are big at the moment, but will close massively as the women's game gets more professionalised and invested in. Equality at skill level is not unthinkable at all.

But. I think tennis is a good metaphor. The women are as skilful as the men, but the best women would lose to the best men because of the athletic advantages men have at aneorobic activity.

So, no, probably not.

But this thread is about refereeing and you don't need physical power or outsize speed to do that.

Last edited:
No.

I think the gap in men's and women's football can and will close substantially. The skill levels are big at the moment, but will close massively as the women's game gets more professionalised and invested in. Equality at skill level is not unthinkable at all.

But. I think tennis is a good metaphor. The women are as skilful as the men, but the best women would lose to the best men because of the athletic advantages men have at aneorobic activity.

So, no, probably not.

But this thread is about refereeing and you don't need physical power or outsize speed to do that.

Good assessment.

Ok. An under 15 academy male team out performed the female world cup champions.

That's the point. They are not as good. And it's down to sex, the physiology dictates it.

This was a weird one mind, the Americans losing to Dallas or whoever it was - because other poorer women's teams beat them and someone stuffed them.

More than anything I think it shows that poorer teams can beat better ones. Football is really unique in that respect - didn't a village team beat Real Madrid not that long ago? This would never happen in pretty much any other sport, which is why it's so fantastic in some respects.

No.

So, no, probably not.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: are they fuck

:lol::lol::lol::lol: are they fuck

In general they are, though last ten years it's been exceptional era for men's tennis.

But do I think Steffi Graf as skilful as her husband, for example? Yes - and he is on record as agreeing.

Do I think someone like Billie Jean King as skilful as John McEnroe - yes, definitely.

It's just a different game because of the power/athletic differences. The skill levels are as high. Why on earth wouldn't they be? Do people seriously think that men naturally more skilful than women? How many skill sports at the Olympics do they have to watch for this to be disproven? Only this week Simone Biles, the gymnast, has performed a move that only two men have ever achieved - and done it better than them. It's incredible that people think women can't be as skilful.

Last edited:
In general they are, though last ten years it's been exceptional era for men's tennis.

But do I think Steffi Graf as skilful as her husband, for example? Yes - and he is on record as agreeing.

Do I think someone like Billie Jean King as skilful as John McEnroe - yes, definitely.

It's just a different game because of the power/athletic differences. The skill levels are as high. Why on earth wouldn't they be? Do people seriously think that men naturally more skilful than women? How many skill sports at the Olympics do they have to watch for this to be disproven? Only this week Simone Biles, the gymnast, has performed a move that only two men have ever achieved - and done it better than them. It's incredible that people think women can't be as skilful.
What a load of crap.
It's the very difference in power that makes the men's tennis game more skillfull.
It has to be or no one would ever get the ball back and rallies would be confined to the female game.

What a load of crap.
It's the very difference in power that makes the men's tennis game more skillfull.
It has to be or no one would ever get the ball back and rallies would be confined to the female game.

This is a double-edged sword, very obviously. Because when you have such power its easier to just blam it back and win by that alone. Requires more deftness to construct a rally and winning opportunity in female tennis.

Are cricket batsman who are good at playing spin less skilful than those at playing pace?

No.

So, no, probably not.

Errr how many referees have played any decent standard of football, not many... so arguing that mens football is faster and stronger than women's is just a truism.
It has nothing to say about who is or is not a good ref!

10 pages for this non-issue?! I guess the divisive, neo-Liberal agenda continues to provide the righteous crusaders a feeling of superiority.

Back