Stephanie Frappart

Good to see more women involved in the game and hopefully it will make the players think twice before charging up to the ref and shouting off.

Read the question again Keith. How was she deemed to have done? All reports have been massively positive

Unfortunately many of them must have been prior to her dropping a bollock. Sorry but awarding a penalty for absolutely nothing is poor.

Every referee and player makes mistakes. The best of them simply make less.

Don’t understand why the VAR didn’t help her out and overturn it though. Thought she had a good game but the penalty looked pretty obvious error to me (on the replay). Abraham dove imo.
That would have ruined their dream scenario oh her having a flawless game.

No. I’ve seen journalists say it was on the soft side but that’s it

There was no contact, it wasn't a penalty. VAR should have over turned it but that's a separate issue. She had a decent game from what I saw but she dropped 1 clanger.

This shows no contact but there was a better angle (which I can't find) from behind the goal which makes it conclusive.

There was no contact, it wasn't a penalty. VAR should have over turned it but that's a separate issue. She had a decent game from what I saw but she dropped 1 clanger.

This shows no contact but there was a better angle (which I can't find) from behind the goal which makes it conclusive.

There was contact tbf, not a lot but Abrahams knee was clipped slightly. Wouldn't say it's a penalty though.

Really didn't think it was a Pen, but even the keeper has came out and said their was contact.

Really didn't think it was a Pen, but even the keeper has came out and said their was contact.

It must have been the tiniest contact as from the better angle it looked like there was none at all. It looks like a dive because Abraham kind of flipped himself over when he was off the pitch, about a second and 3 yards after the alleged contact. He tried to con the ref and succeeded.

Back