Stendel

Why? If you are paying him until the end of his contract, why should he be allowed to work elsewhere?

Quite a canny move by Barnsley. If SD had the same arrangement with Ross, then we'd have received compo and not had to pay him a lump sum.

It does beg the question though whether Stendel wasn't considered because Barnsley wanted a few quid. If so, that decision would top the list of short-sighted ones by the Tory Twins.

Not really right though, is it?
1) he got them promoted playing attacking attractive football
2) he was given players and told to make the most of it.

He hardly had the chance to build the team his way.
He inherited by far the best squad in the league it took care of itself all he had to do was pick the team man
after being promoted and having his best players sold by the board
They bought over 10 new ones tho I’m sure he had a say in

Last edited:
Loving the shithousing from our board, they’ll do absolutely anything for a few quid, they’ve obviously not sacked him, they’ve relived him of his duties on full pay until his contract is up, knowing full well given our achievements last season and the style of football he plays being the in thing at the moment, he’ll be in high demand and he is a asset to the club, even though he wasn’t doing what we asked of him, and they wanted to bring in someone with fresh ideas they still saw he was of value to us. Crafty Bastards.

Loving the shithousing from our board, they’ll do absolutely anything for a few quid, they’ve obviously not sacked him, they’ve relived him of his duties on full pay until his contract is up, knowing full well given our achievements last season and the style of football he plays being the in thing at the moment, he’ll be in high demand and he is a asset to the club, even though he wasn’t doing what we asked of him, and they wanted to bring in someone with fresh ideas they still saw he was of value to us. Crafty Bastards.

If we tried the same trick with Parkinson we’d end up paying the fucker his full contract :lol:

Out of our last 4 managers we’ve cancelled the contract of one due to relegation, which cost us nothing as it was wrote into the contract he signed, and got compensation for the 3 if Stendel gets a job. So we’ve not done too bad.

Took over the best tram in the league and got them promoted other than that done absolutely nothing to warrant the attention he gets on here
100% success rate then as opposed to Parkinsons 3 promotions in 11 tries?? Outstanding candidate my arse!!!(Even with his glowing references.)

With all his best players sold from under him?????Would be home from home if he came here. Then again we would not have many 'best' players for the owners to sell under him!!!
They bought about 14 new players I’m sure he had some say in them would you trust him in the transfer market someone with very limited knowledge of British players who got relegated having signed 14 new players ? Sound familiar ?

They bought about 14 new players I’m sure he had some say in them would you trust him in the transfer market someone with very limited knowledge of British players who got relegated having signed 14 new players ? Sound familiar ?
Maybe they did but IIRC they sold their best and bought a load of young cheap kids to replace them. Not even sure if Stendel had much input into who was bought. Maybe our Barnsley friend Rascal can enlighten us??

Maybe they did but IIRC they sold their best and bought a load of young cheap kids to replace them. Not even sure if Stendel had much input into who was bought. Maybe our Barnsley friend Rascal can enlighten us??

I’m sure we spent quite a substantial amount on our incoming players in the summer, and I know most could and will be brilliant players for us at some point, we’ve signed well in my opinion, the mistake that they’ve made is thinking they could bring in 14 new players and develop them all at the same time in a league as strong as the championship.

This is my opinion and absolutely no other Barnsley fans feel the same way as me, so maybe I’m wrong but only time will tell.

This is true but the motivation of a dynamic young manager with fresh ideas might get them going, not that that should matter, the very least you would expect is professionalism and application.
Just what this bunch of spineless players haven't got ! They all spit out their dummies IMO when their 'mate' was peddled
I dont think that Hume or Dobson are terrible players, but I agree with your general point...
Dobson is absolutely shocking ! Think he'd never played football at a professional level

Last edited:
Hearts went into administration a few years back and have carefully lived within their means since. There's no way they'll pay a penny more than they can get away with for anyone these days. Anne Budge is a smart operator so Barnsley had better get used to paying the gardening leave.

Back