Stendel

This is true but the motivation of a dynamic young manager with fresh ideas might get them going, not that that should matter, the very least you would expect is professionalism and application.

Agreed. And if it is the players then no choice of manager will help initially but you need someone to oversee getting rid of a lot of them (that'll happen quite naturally at the end of the season as many are out of contract) and bringing in new players that will put a shift in and who will suit the managers style. If we're accepting that, then I'd still rather have someone with fresh ideas and a good way of playing football like Stendel rather than Parkinson. So whether it's the players or the manager to blame he's still a baffling choice

Last edited:

Must have cleared his head then and thought 'thank fuck i didn't go there'

The thing about “clearing his head” was just something that was either leaked to the papers from the club or something the papers made up. It was never something he said.

“Daniel Stendel, who won promotion from League One with Barnsley last season, has been interviewed by Sunderland’s recruitment team, but there are understood to be concerns about the fact he was only recently dismissed from Oakwell and might need some time to clear his mind.”

Savings no end. Refreshment bars closed, we will only have to open the east stand so more staff savings, policing costs reduced. Well done Parky, your crap brand of 'football' will save the club a fortune.(shame they will also lose 50% of their gate money)
If we can see it, why the fuck can't the dynamic duo ?

The thing about “clearing his head” was just something that was either leaked to the papers from the club or something the papers made up. It was never something he said.

“Daniel Stendel, who won promotion from League One with Barnsley last season, has been interviewed by Sunderland’s recruitment team, but there are understood to be concerns about the fact he was only recently dismissed from Oakwell and might need some time to clear his mind.”

I was firmly in the appoint Stendel camp. I could understand if Stendel wanted time out or a return to Germany where apparently his wife and children had remained throughout his time in Yorkshire.
If he is announced as Hearts Manager in the next few days then it would seem it was more nonsense coming out of SAFC, particularly as one of the stumbling blocks to Hearts pursuit of Stendel was his reported desire to manage again in England if possible.
The prospect of Stendel was exciting. Virtually everything we heard about his time at Barnsley indicated he would be a breath of fresh air. Another opportunity missed I fear.

Confused as to why the club would lie about that to be honest.

I'll be interested to see how Stendel does at Hearts. He did a good job last season, but walked into the job with a canny squad anyway. This season, he completely failed with a limited squad. He would have been my first choice for our job, but again, I'm not sure he would have made much of a difference really given how he struggled in the Championship with Barnsley.

Last edited:

Back