steam!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oothefuknellsleeds

i bought civ 5 from steam yesterday. got to 65% and the net went off. now everytime i open steam to continue the download the net goes off and wont get back on unless i restart. any help? thats just cost me £30 :evil:

sky i think?

That's where their HQ is. I'm on Sky and have no problems with Steam but with BT I had the same problem, whenever I would start downloading something my internet would just shut off... might be worth ringing your ISP as they might have some sort of block on Steam for some reason or your router might need re-configuring.

i bought civ 5 from steam yesterday. got to 65% and the net went off. now everytime i open steam to continue the download the net goes off and wont get back on unless i restart. any help? thats just cost me £30 :evil:

Have you managed to get it to work yet mate? i was tempted to buy this of steam today after reading the reviews, although i am old skool and prefer to have the game disc and box in my hand but cba to go down durham to buy it

Have you managed to get it to work yet mate? i was tempted to buy this of steam today after reading the reviews, although i am old skool and prefer to have the game disc and box in my hand but cba to go down durham to buy it

nah no luck. have to wait until im back in sunderland, connection works there. typical, i was planning to buy it next week anyway. got it early then cant play till nxt week :roll:

Ive never heard one good thing about Steam, that's why I stay clear

its nowt but trouble

maybe its because it was only released on Friday and the servers can't cope with the download, i was going to buy it of steam earlier on but i cannot remember my username/password

Bought totalwar empires on day of release, (nearly 2 years ago iirc) and despite over 100 attempts, repeated messages to CA, Steam, Sky etc have still not managed to install it, i bought the disc but steam tries to install from online, told steam and CA (not that they care) that I'll never purchase another title that involves either of them.Their reply was STEAM is used as an anti piracy measure as well as offering support. Fckn bs, 40 quid wasted. If you check various forums there are literally thousands of punters who burned their cash on this shite.

downloaded Footy Manger on there for the last 3 years and Fallout 3, nee problems with it whatsoever like, i must be one of the lucky ones

Bought totalwar empires on day of release, (nearly 2 years ago iirc) and despite over 100 attempts, repeated messages to CA, Steam, Sky etc have still not managed to install it, i bought the disc but steam tries to install from online, told steam and CA (not that they care) that I'll never purchase another title that involves either of them.Their reply was STEAM is used as an anti piracy measure as well as offering support. Fckn bs, 40 quid wasted. If you check various forums there are literally thousands of punters who burned their cash on this shite.

loads of people had bother with total war. iirc it took me a couple of days to isntall the fucker.
its annoying as fuck and sometimes wont let you play unless youre connected to the internet which is a joke. takes longer to install through steam aswell. if i buy a game i dont expect to fuck around with some other shite. i want to put the disc in, spend a little time installing then play

maybe its because it was only released on Friday and the servers can't cope with the download, i was going to buy it of steam earlier on but i cannot remember my username/password

nah nowt to do with that. i have no idea what the problem is but it started working eventually but thats the 2nd times it happened so im sure itll happen again next time. 4 hours to installaswell. installing a game should not take 4 f***ing hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back