Steam Deck (PC Handheld powered by AMD)

I think they are a little overpriced for me to bite at.

The lowest model is good value but 64GB is nowt these days.

Also battery life being 2 hours and having to plug in sort of defeats the point of it being portable.

I do like the idea of being able to play my pc games on the sofa though. An even football manager looks doable with the touch pads 😂

Came here to post this thread.

Looks decent, if I was in the market for a new gaming laptop I'd probably give this a go instead.
The lowest model is good value but 64GB is nowt these days.

Also battery life being 2 hours and having to plug in sort of defeats the point of it being portable.
Agree on storage, it's got a micro SD slot though, you can pick up a 512gb SD card for £30 these days.

Think the battery life would vary massively depending on what you were playing. I imagine you'd get a lot more than 2 hours out of FM. :)

Last edited:

Looks decent, if I was in the market for a new gaming laptop I'd probably give this a go instead.

Agree on storage, it's got a micro SD slot though, you can pick up a 512gb SD card for £30 these days.

Think the battery life would vary massively depending on what you were playing. I imagine you'd get a lot more than 2 hours out of FM. :)
FM drains my laptop battery canny quick like.

Id love one but I think they will flop. Il pick one up half price in 18 months

By and large, are PC games suitable as a handheld? Doesn't feel like it.
Steam couldn't get their own games system going in full size format. Seems like a waste of time.

By and large, are PC games suitable as a handheld? Doesn't feel like it.
Steam couldn't get their own games system going in full size format. Seems like a waste of time.

I think the massive plus point is those that buy one will already have loads of games to play on it. Rather then have to rebuy them if they buy a switch.

Then you can emulate switch PS3 GameCube etc.

I just think they are extremely expensive. Even if you opt for the 64gb and a sd card the load times will be ages compared to the premium models.

I think the massive plus point is those that buy one will already have loads of games to play on it. Rather then have to rebuy them if they buy a switch.

Then you can emulate switch PS3 GameCube etc.

I just think they are extremely expensive. Even if you opt for the 64gb and a sd card the load times will be ages compared to the premium models.
I'd probably go for the mid-range if I was buying, just for the SSD. Though I had a HDD up until I got a new gaming laptop last year and the load times were never really frustratingly bad (though I will confess I'm ruined now I have an SSD)

Back