Steak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit of a touchy subject. Ended up deciding to use a dab of oil and some butter. I'll report back later

My home made chips are cooking nicely and the giant onion rings are in. Looking forward to this
You need to lay the steak out and brush with oil and sit outside the fridge for 30 minutes or so. You can also salt and pepper. Use a griddle pan (not frying pan) and cook it on a high heat with no oil (other than what's still left on your steak from the earlier brushing). Turn once after a couple of minutes. You can finish with a small amount of butter for the last minute or so.

Unreal that was. Cooking it with butter added a lot to it! Onion rings were a let down but the chips made up for it.

I'm looking forward to my next one

So i tried steak for the first time on Wednesday. Enjoyed it but didn't really know what I was doing so just cooked it in the frying pan with nothing but oil and salt.

What should I be adding to it or cooking it with to get the most out of my steak?

I'll be going shopping after work so if I could get some suggestions by then it would be great :lol:

Were you brought up in a vegetarian sect?

Supposed to be lovely. A mate uses them. I only got told about them yesterday... order going in tonight
I use Musclefood and the steaks are hitty missy, but the chicken is great

Let me know what the meat is like as I'm interested in trying them.

I usually use Muscle Foods but some of the meat comes from abroad and I'd rather buy British.
I've had crap steaks from them, but always get refunds and voucher codes for the bother.

I'd rather have decent sirloins like...the breasts are great! ;)

Last edited:
You need to lay the steak out and brush with oil and sit outside the fridge for 30 minutes or so. You can also salt and pepper. Use a griddle pan (not frying pan) and cook it on a high heat with no oil (other than what's still left on your steak from the earlier brushing). Turn once after a couple of minutes. You can finish with a small amount of butter for the last minute or so.

Entirely this, but I wouldn't use salt to cook with...it draws the juices out which is what you don't want.
Feel free to add salt after, obviously :lol:

How I always do mine! :D

Entirely this, but I wouldn't use salt to cook with...it draws the juices out which is what you don't want.
Feel free to add salt after, obviously :lol:
That's a good point, I only ever use black pepper actually myself. Don't even bother adding salt after.

So i tried steak for the first time on Wednesday. Enjoyed it but didn't really know what I was doing so just cooked it in the frying pan with nothing but oil and salt.

What should I be adding to it or cooking it with to get the most out of my steak?

I'll be going shopping after work so if I could get some suggestions by then it would be great :lol:

Is this the first SMB steak thread of 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back