Steak house on bridge st

It’s a bit ‘sunderland foodies’ fodder. Potato skin starters etc. It’s also pretty expensive (bearing in mind location and the look of the restaurant). Same sort of prices that you’d pay in Miller and Carter or the Hilton. They’ve got another site in Appleby that is supposed to be successful, but I think they’ve really fucked up with the location of this one. There’s nothing else round here to drag people to the area, unless you fancy a pint before dinner at the Wheatsheaf with the plonkies and underage drinkers.

You either haven't seen it or are very easily pleased
Just looked, aye, its basic offering the standard rump, sirloin, ribeye, fillet and t-bone, to be fair I always order a ribeye anyways so that’s me sorted.

Unless you want an over priced tomahawk or chateaubriand, then I guess it’s gonna suit an awful lot of people out for a steak.

Starters don’t look owa clever mind! :lol:

Always thought this was a bit weird. It looks absolutely minging and I've never ever seen anybody in when I've walked past.
It was pretty minging. I think the obviously middle-class writer was probably fooled by the fact they did a traditional Chinese menu alongside their standard anglicised one. Although there’s probably a reason chicken throats and pig stomach haven’t taken off in a big way amongst us westerners. The restaurant itself was a disgrace, filthy and sparse and I’d hate to have seen the kitchen. It was popular amongst Chinese students though, probably because of the chicken feet stew and so forth.

It’s been shut for months now, and the owner must have done a runner judging by the state of the place....the bar is still stocked and there was still dirty crockery from the last nights service.

It was pretty minging. I think the obviously middle-class writer was probably fooled by the fact they did a traditional Chinese menu alongside their standard anglicised one. Although there’s probably a reason chicken throats and pig stomach haven’t taken off in a big way amongst us westerners. The restaurant itself was a disgrace, filthy and sparse and I’d hate to have seen the kitchen. It was popular amongst Chinese students though, probably because of the chicken feet stew and so forth.

It’s been shut for months now, and the owner must have done a runner judging by the state of the place....the bar is still stocked and there was still dirty crockery from the last nights service.
What a surprise . The grauniad spouting shite .

What a surprise . The grauniad spouting shite .

This ^ we ate in there a few times and restaurant was always clean and tidy and toilets spotless food was great too and their lamb and leek a particular delight . The writer who added it to the guardian list is from tunstall , I wish more people had ventured in rather than made opinions from looking through the window and it might have survived

About 12 years ago when Dave had it the food was superb. Properly beautiful. He used to do loads of occasional, off menu dishes and would really look after you. It was never the same after he sold it/left.

Back