State of our roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many more pot holes. Got a burst tyre last night on a minor road.
Felt like I hit a tree.
Just appears to have got worse. Reckon the last 4 weeks I have hit 3 different ones in the dark.
Somebody else from work did the same thing last week.
Talking to the garage this Morning they confirmed they are getting more than ever.

Felt like I hit a tree.
Just appears to have got worse. Reckon the last 4 weeks I have hit 3 different ones in the dark.
Talking to the garage this Morning they confirmed they are getting more than ever.
get a claim in to the council

Felt like I hit a tree.
Good news for them at least. I can only presume it's going to get worse with continuing cuts too. Having said that, the number of road closures to do works around my way is crazy, I've never known anything like it, to get just about anywhere in the last few months has involved some diversion.

Ours is an 'unadopted road' apparently. This means that the local authority are happy to let it deteriorate to the point where it resembles the Somme battlefield but are still happy to charge us full whack on every tax going. I can't even repair it myself for fear of some clown pretending to trip on it and suing me for thousands.

I pay tax for 3 vehicles, and I just found out my local council tax is raising to £205 a month :lol: add that to the income tax I pay, my wage slip might as well go direct to the government :lol:
Add to that, I really don't think I'm getting anywhere near what I should for what I pay. My bin gets emptied once a fortnight, the roads on the A38 (the local main road) are a joke and dangerous, only a small part of my local area has street lights, so fuck knows what I'm getting for my money

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back