Stat - Since our promotion in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not that surprising though is it? We've struggled for almost 10 years with the best to show being a top 10 finish which would have been 14th or something if we didn;t beat West Ham on final day and we've just played 38 games in those seasons. Everyone who has been promoted during that time will have had at least 1 decent season over 46 games and probably won more league games in that season than we have in 3 combined. The only team that might be competition is someone like a Hartlepool who seem to have struggled every season for years, but even they will have an extra 8 games a year than us.

Obviously those fairly recently promoted to League 2 like Newport will have had successful promotion seasons from the Conference as well.
Never understand why the 10th place finish is always spoken of in this way, as if it was an u deserved fluke. We finished 10th based on results over 38 games, not just the final day results

Never understand why the 10th place finish is always spoken of in this way, as if it was an u deserved fluke. We finished 10th based on results over 38 games, not just the final day results

Of course. It is a 10th place finish and our 3rd top half (top flight) finish in over 60 years so of course we'll take it. I just meant we were in 14th place going into that final game with West Ham and managed to move up 4 places with that win. However we were in the top half for about 70% of that season before the awful run so it probably did average itself out in the end.

Last edited:
We've also won less league games in 10 years than any of the 91 other league clubs
This doesn't surprise me at all. As a season ticket holder who doesn't get to away games I wonder how many wins I've seen in 10 years, it feels like a scarily low number, especially as you can guarantee that the 2 or 3 games I miss each season end up being decent results typically.

I can't begin to imagine what it's like to support a club like Juve who just won their 30th consecutive home game. At current rates it'll probably take us something like 6 seasons to win 30 home games.

This doesn't surprise me at all. As a season ticket holder who doesn't get to away games I wonder how many wins I've seen in 10 years, it feels like a scarily low number, especially as you can guarantee that the 2 or 3 games I miss each season end up being decent results typically.

I can't begin to imagine what it's like to support a club like Juve who just won their 30th consecutive home game. At current rates it'll probably take us something like 6 seasons to win 30 home games.

Well I know we have won 40 league games since Everton beat us in the Cup replay in 2012. That's coming up 5 years and I don't know the split but I reckon 15 of those would have been away

Well I know we have won 40 league games since Everton beat us in the Cup replay in 2012. That's coming up 5 years and I don't know the split but I reckon 15 of those would have been away
If we can win 5 home games between now and the end of the season, to make it 30 home wins in 5 years, I'll be over the moon.

Would anyone prefer to take say 4 more wins a season & a mid table finish instead of the seasonal wins over the Mags ?

If we can win 5 home games between now and the end of the season, to make it 30 home wins in 5 years, I'll be over the moon.

23 home wins 17 away wins since Everton beat us. Would need 7 wins to get it to 30 so it'll be well past 5 years by then

Would anyone prefer to take say 4 more wins a season & a mid table finish instead of the seasonal wins over the Mags ?

Yes.

23 home wins 17 away wins since Everton beat us. Would need 7 wins to get it to 30 so it'll be well past 5 years by then

Yes.

Really ? Those are special memories surely, token extra points in dour game are long forgotten.

Really ? Those are special memories surely, token extra points in dour game are long forgotten.

I was at and loved every single one of them and if you'd asked me five years ago I'd have said beat them 6 times in a row over mid table. We need to push on now or we'll not beat them again for a very long time anyway

and people have the nerve to moan
Well, yes. With the riches that come with just being in the PL we have had more financial muscle than the majority. The fact that we have wasted it on worthless shit and been left with this clip of a squad after 10 years is plenty to moan about.

since 1995 our lowest ever league position has been 3rd in the championship
It is direction of travel?
Quiz:
Think of a club with a higher debt, smaller gates, less than a quarter of the annual income and their highest position since 1995 and years before has been 3rd in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back