Starbucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how the planet Scarif in Rogue One got it's name.
Gareth Edwards ordered his drink and the barista heard and wrote Scarif.

Coffee and beards. Things five minutes ago hardly anyone young liked, but now they're cool so the herd conforms.

Why do they ask for your name and write it on the cup? What is the point??
To make people feel special.

I can't understand why anyone goes there. Coffee is shit and its a pack of bastards running it, and not paying any UK taxes.
Support local businesses.

They get mass free advertisement all over social media when names are written incorrectly, and people post the pictures online.

Also it encourages people to feel more welcome, asking your name being friendly etc rather than having no conversation between staff and customers.

to identify who it belongs to in busy periods. the same as the takeaway giving you a number ticket and call it out. you don't have to give your real name. the guy in my regular sbux draws dicks on if i ask him to..

Slightly off topic but, McDonalds have started doing in this in a lot of their restaurants but then, when the meal is ready, the person behind the counter shouts out what it is instead of the number.
THAT is pointless and extremely annoying! :lol:

Slightly off topic but, McDonalds have started doing in this in a lot of their restaurants but then, when the meal is ready, the person behind the counter shouts out what it is instead of the number.
THAT is pointless and extremely annoying! :lol:
was in the new one in leicester square last sat night and tbf they had it down to a tee, rattling out the numbers left right and centre.

Only ever been in one once. Coming back from Stoke at a services. Threw me when the girl asked, I said why, she said to write on the cup. I asked why again, she was stumped and couldnt give a reason. I find it absolutely bizarre.

The coffee was shite as well.
:lol:

So you wouldn't go back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back