Star Wars The Last Jedi

Saw it today at the Silverlink Imax. Superb film 9.5/10 - excellent link between the old and the new. Ep9 can now continue the story with an (almost) entirely new cast of protagonists.

We went to see it today. My lad says it's quality but I left thinking it could have been so much more. Was too comical in places just to try and get a laugh when really there wasn't any need to. I liked the nod to puppet Yoda rather than CGI one but there were too many plot lines similar to previous ones. For example the plan to get on board a star destroyer to sabotage things then the visit to a place where villains crooks and lowlife hang out was straight out of mos eisley then the battle on the salt plains was reminiscent of hoth and where the falcon flew thru the rocks was a rip off from jedi in the death star. It ranks with revenge of the sith nothing more for me. Decent but lacking.

We went to see it today. My lad says it's quality but I left thinking it could have been so much more. Was too comical in places just to try and get a laugh when really there wasn't any need to. I liked the nod to puppet Yoda rather than CGI one but there were too many plot lines similar to previous ones. For example the plan to get on board a star destroyer to sabotage things then the visit to a place where villains crooks and lowlife hang out was straight out of mos eisley then the battle on the salt plains was reminiscent of hoth and where the falcon flew thru the rocks was a rip off from jedi in the death star. It ranks with revenge of the sith nothing more for me. Decent but lacking.

Aye. It was a bit far-fetched as well......

I watched Star Wars VII recently and thought it was just a re-make of the original Star Wars. Nothing wrong with that they do re-makes all the time but I thought that it was a bit of a cheek to try an pass it off as being entirely new.

I thought the first 2/3rds were absolutely abysmal and almost gave up on it. The scenes with Luke and Rey were mind numbing. The last 3rd saved it though- very good.

Overall 7/10

Back