Star Wars: Squadrons

Anyone who liked the proper old X-Wing and Tie-Fighter games you can download modded versions of them now with proper updated graphics. Been playing Tie Fighter and it's so much better than than this and was made fkn eons ago.

You need x-wing alliance to play it, but even if you need to buy it it is buttons nowadays.

Mind, back then games were games and they didnt hold your hand. Taken me an absolute age just to complete the 2nd mission due to being in a 1 shot Tie-Fighter. Loving it again though, makes completing a mission really satisfying unlike this new squadron thing where it just felt meh. The battles feel like they are huge too and the NPC ships really do their own shit so it doesn't feel like nothing happens unless you do everything like this EA crap. There is another mod being made for x-wing but it isn't finished yet - XWVM mod for STAR WARS™ - X-Wing Special Edition

If you loved the originals you have to play these.

Anyone who liked the proper old X-Wing and Tie-Fighter games you can download modded versions of them now with proper updated graphics. Been playing Tie Fighter and it's so much better than than this and was made fkn eons ago.

You need x-wing alliance to play it, but even if you need to buy it it is buttons nowadays.

Mind, back then games were games and they didnt hold your hand. Taken me an absolute age just to complete the 2nd mission due to being in a 1 shot Tie-Fighter. Loving it again though, makes completing a mission really satisfying unlike this new squadron thing where it just felt meh. The battles feel like they are huge too and the NPC ships really do their own shit so it doesn't feel like nothing happens unless you do everything like this EA crap. There is another mod being made for x-wing but it isn't finished yet - XWVM mod for STAR WARS™ - X-Wing Special Edition

If you loved the originals you have to play these.
Used to love tie fighter. The mods look really impressive
Been playing squadrons a fair bit but the immersion isn't as good somehow as I remember tie fighter being

Last edited:
played this for an hour or so after was on ps plus. seemed canny but haven't went back to it. supposed to be great in VR

Used to love tie fighter. The mods look really impressive
Been playing squadrons a fair bit but the immersion isn't as good somehow as I remember tie fighter being
Its fantastic like, even better is that it was so long since I played them most of the missions seem quite new but so much of it comes back as you play them.

Deffo worth a download and play. Using an Xbox controller instead of joystick and it's so much better. If anyone downloads and wants the basic setup for the 360 controller just let me know and I can send it over or put it somewhere to grab. Took me hours to suss it all and set it up properly.

It is so much harder thatn Squadrons and the AI is brilliant - they actually do the missions at times without you even doing anything - whereas Squadrons just seems like it's you vs the mission and your allies just fly about you getting in the way (mind I've been killed a good few times from allies' stray shots:mad::lol: ).

Last edited:
Its fantastic like, even better is that it was so long since I played them most of the missions seem quite new but so much of it comes back as you play them.

Deffo worth a download and play. Using an Xbox controller instead of joystick and it's so much better. If anyone downloads and wants the basic setup for the 360 controller just let me know and I can send it over or put it somewhere to grab. Took me hours to suss it all and set it up properly.

It is so much harder thatn Squadrons and the AI is brilliant - they actually do the missions at times without you even doing anything - whereas Squadrons just seems like it's you vs the mission and your allies just fly about you getting in the way (mind I've been killed a good few times from allies' stray shots:mad::lol: ).
I think I remember playing on keyboard and mouse with about 30 different key commands to remember

Back