Star Wars: Squadrons

Hopefully the single player is fully playable in VR.
Be interesting to see what the game actually looks like, can't stand trailers that don't show any proper footage

Loved Rogue Squadron 2 on The Game Cube.

Very much doubt it'll be anywhere near as good.
That was the one game i always wanted but never got hold of. never had any other reason for a gamecube so never played it - remember thinking at the time it looked class.

Hopefully the single player is fully playable in VR.
Be interesting to see what the game actually looks like, can't stand trailers that don't show any proper footage
EA say the whole game is fully playable in VR. I would normally get most games on Xbox but I'll probably go with the PS4 version just to play it in VR.

I just hope it isn't shite

After seeing this I was hoping it would be like X-Wing and Tie Fighter that were out eons ago. Unfortunately it just looks like their last Star Wars Battlefield type games but in spaceships only.

Anyone got this yet, been getting a bit of good reports so far.

I'm really wanting it in PSVR but unsure as it sounds like much more of a flight sim and a hard learning curve, balancing and diverting power between shields, weapons and thrust.

Only 1st person view, which doesn't bother me.

Anyone got this yet, been getting a bit of good reports so far.

I'm really wanting it in PSVR but unsure as it sounds like much more of a flight sim and a hard learning curve, balancing and diverting power between shields, weapons and thrust.

Only 1st person view, which doesn't bother me.

Got it, completed it. Meh. The game itself is pretty good. They have taken loads of bits of the old Tie FIghter and X-Wing games but then made it a bit more arcadey and not as much of a simulation (for the worse). I got this Friday afternoon and by Saturday night (about 7pm with only a few hours play) I had completed the single player mode, it isn't very long at all. If I remember correctly the older games took flippin ages to complete and had a multitude of missions (they must be easy to make - surely?) whereas this one is more of just a story.

The story is also split so you fly the rebels for a few missions and then the Imperials, kinda too much of a mishmash to me I'd rather just play as one faction then do another set of missions/story as the other. The characters are a bit shit and non of them give any kind of wanting to do well for them. There are a few bows to cast members which is nice. I also didnt like that the squadron is a mishmash of all the ships and they constantly just fly alongside you like drones. The older games made me feel more like I was in massive battles, this one not so much.

The online doesnt have many maps. Only really the conquest thing that's worth playing and once you have done a few rounds its a bit samey. The AI is almost impossible too and they just trounce you.

Ships really dont feel any different. I feel the same in a tie bomber as I do in the supposedly much more agile interceptor. Same as Y wing and A wings (there is a difference, but it just doesnt feel like any advantage). I want to play the x-wing as it's my favourite but find playing Y wing I can kick the shit out of everything and get some good scores due to load out and being like a tank. You earn unlock point thingys as you level up but there isnt that many things to unlock and the personalisation things you can buy is just guff.

It's a good start, but it's lacking lots. I get a feeling the new missions, when they come, will be all DLC so they make their money.

Got it, completed it. Meh. The game itself is pretty good. They have taken loads of bits of the old Tie FIghter and X-Wing games but then made it a bit more arcadey and not as much of a simulation (for the worse). I got this Friday afternoon and by Saturday night (about 7pm with only a few hours play) I had completed the single player mode, it isn't very long at all. If I remember correctly the older games took flippin ages to complete and had a multitude of missions (they must be easy to make - surely?) whereas this one is more of just a story.

The story is also split so you fly the rebels for a few missions and then the Imperials, kinda too much of a mishmash to me I'd rather just play as one faction then do another set of missions/story as the other. The characters are a bit shit and non of them give any kind of wanting to do well for them. There are a few bows to cast members which is nice. I also didnt like that the squadron is a mishmash of all the ships and they constantly just fly alongside you like drones. The older games made me feel more like I was in massive battles, this one not so much.

The online doesnt have many maps. Only really the conquest thing that's worth playing and once you have done a few rounds its a bit samey. The AI is almost impossible too and they just trounce you.

Ships really dont feel any different. I feel the same in a tie bomber as I do in the supposedly much more agile interceptor. Same as Y wing and A wings (there is a difference, but it just doesnt feel like any advantage). I want to play the x-wing as it's my favourite but find playing Y wing I can kick the shit out of everything and get some good scores due to load out and being like a tank. You earn unlock point thingys as you level up but there isnt that many things to unlock and the personalisation things you can buy is just guff.

It's a good start, but it's lacking lots. I get a feeling the new missions, when they come, will be all DLC so they make their money.
Yeah, picked it up saturday and done a couple of story scenes and about 5 games of dogfight.

I'm playing in vr and it's really immersive.

Got stuck for about 3 hours on the fleet tutorial then found out theres a bug that prevents you from destroying the destroyer if you've died at a certain point

Yeah I got it on Friday, Im enjoying it but its no where near as good as the old X Wing Alliance game on the PC. It has its own music score too with a few little bursts of the Star Wars music. Id have preferred they kept the actual film music for the game. Like on the old X Wing Alliance game nothing beat the feeling when you thought you had completed a mission and a Star Destroyer would jump in and the Imperial March would play.

I'm only playing dogfight and loving it now.

Found a great loadout for my support fighters and had 2 games back to back where I finished top.

Back