Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Looks and sounds class but doesn't look like you really have much say in what you do (ie just run from A to B with certain climb points etc.).

Hope it stays in line with the actual films etc. and not have you throwing tie fighters about like paper and killing Darth Vader for a laugh. Really spoilt the other ones making you so powerful.

Anybody played this? Got it and played about half an hour this morning. Looks lovely but seems so far to be a climbing simulator with the odd swish a lightsabre about. Does it get better? Is the story worth the playthrough (ie he doesn't suddenly start throwing spaceships about and beating the snot out of Vader etc.???).

Love Star Wars so will probably complete it anyways like. But gameplay wise it just seems to be climb A to B and kill a few things on the way. Exactly as I predicted it would probably be.

Anybody played this? Got it and played about half an hour this morning. Looks lovely but seems so far to be a climbing simulator with the odd swish a lightsabre about. Does it get better? Is the story worth the playthrough (ie he doesn't suddenly start throwing spaceships about and beating the snot out of Vader etc.???).

Love Star Wars so will probably complete it anyways like. But gameplay wise it just seems to be climb A to B and kill a few things on the way. Exactly as I predicted it would probably be.
Not played it but it’s apparently the best Star Wars game made.

Whether that’s because the game is class or previous instalments have been shite, I don’t know.

Really enjoying it so far. Melee games are always better than shooters so that was a big tick. They've basically taking chunks from Dark Souls, Uncharted & Tomb Raider which makes for a good combination of slick combat and clever level design.

The story is a bit 'meh' but the exploration aspect makes up for it.

Really enjoying it so far. Melee games are always better than shooters so that was a big tick. They've basically taking chunks from Dark Souls, Uncharted & Tomb Raider which makes for a good combination of slick combat and clever level design.

The story is a bit 'meh' but the exploration aspect makes up for it.

That kinda explains what it is, it has bits from all of those games all rolled into a Star Wars universe. It's not bad actually from what I've played so far. Only done the first planet (which was a bit of a cluster fuck of an area) and I'm busy doing the tomb where you get force push (which I just got) and that's very Tomb Raider like and good fun.

As above, it's fkn annoying when you cant find a save and need to go out or you die before you get to one.

Being touted as a bit like uncharted an tombraider with some Dark Souls like features. Does that seem accurate?

Yes. More so Tomb Raider than Uncharted as its not linear.

It's dark souls combat (dodge/parry/block) and uses the same "bonfire" save system but its not Dark Souls in a star wars universe like I've seen mentioned. It has difficulty settings for starters, you can pause it and it's quite cut scene heavy

Yes. More so Tomb Raider than Uncharted as its not linear.

It's dark souls combat (dodge/parry/block) and uses the same "bonfire" save system but its not Dark Souls in a star wars universe like I've seen mentioned. It has difficulty settings for starters, you can pause it and it's quite cut scene heavy

Pleased about that - doubt I’d have played it if it was like Dark Souls. Don’t see the point in them.

Just feel like they’re hard for hard’s sake. I play for fun and escapism, not to be kicked all owa.

Each to their own, of course.

Seems that way at first but once you get used to it it's far easier. Still more than enough challenge though. I sold dark souls 3 because I couldn't beat the first boss. Bought it again and now I've platinumed all 3 :lol:

Really enjoying this mind. After the initial "its just a jumpy climbing simulator" at the beginning it opens up and it's really enjoyable. The force powers are not overpowered like the other ones and your guy doesn't do any really stupid shite like throwing star destroyers about and shit. He is pretty much old syle Jedi.

The only bit that does my head in is once you do the level you have to get back to your ship, and the levels are all over the place so I continually get lost and it takes f***ing ages! Specially when you have been on another planet and then return to another to get some bits you couldn't get before. Started to use the map more in these instances!
Being touted as a bit like uncharted an tombraider with some Dark Souls like features. Does that seem accurate?

Pretty accurate. The Dark Souls is not due to difficulty (might be on the hardest level) but due to the losing your force stuff when you die (you have to hit the creature that killed you to regain it) and having save locations scattered around the world (there are quite a few so it's not usually like you are searching for hours for them trying not to die). The hardness has it pretty spot on so far, I die but I also have bouts of kicking the shit out of everything for ages (on normal level - all levels equal).
Awww man the Jedi Temple with the little robot 😭 😀

Last edited:
1 achievement away from the lot and apparently its a bug that some people can't get the jet pack bounty hunter to spawn 😡😡 only solution is to restart the game and hope it doesn't bug again 🙄

Back