Star Trek

Star Trek Picard has been commisioned for a second series before the first has been seen
This really puts me off. I want a series to conclude at the end of its season, not have to wait for months for the next set of episodes. It wasn't particularly an issue with older Trek as it was all episodic pretty much, but they're taking a different approach with this, aren't they? I just don't have the time or patience to watch things that span hours upon hours upon hours.

This really puts me off. I want a series to conclude at the end of its season, not have to wait for months for the next set of episodes. It wasn't particularly an issue with older Trek as it was all episodic pretty much, but they're taking a different approach with this, aren't they? I just don't have the time or patience to watch things that span hours upon hours upon hours.
Way things are now though

Last edited:
Sweet potato I believe. Its very good though, well worth watching.
I've actually seen 1 episode and thought it was brilliant - it was the episode a shuttle and its crew we miniaturised and had to combat a ship invasion.

Discovery was a secret science vessel doing some shady tech research. On that front the discover quite a bit.

There was the enterprise B, the enterprise C.... It clearly wasn't the next generation either for the Enterprise name more the TOS crew. I'm aware this is petty, it's simply your argument applied to another show in the franchise.

If they released Star Trek: Excalibur I don't think we'd take issue that the ship wasn't a massive sword.
They also discovered the parallel universe, ways to hop between it, a secret organisation operating within Star Fleet and an alien artifact that contained all knowledge of all time (or something like that), but apart from them, the mycellium network, new propulsion, what did Discovery ever discover for us?

They also discovered the parallel universe, ways to hop between it, a secret organisation operating within Star Fleet and an alien artifact that contained all knowledge of all time (or something like that), but apart from them, the mycellium network, new propulsion, what did Discovery ever discover for us?
Splitter.

I’ve just finished TNG and just moved onto DS9. I was a big fan of TNG but never got into DS9. Quite enjoying it so far. DAX is topper mind. Not quite on Troi levels mind.

Gonna try and plough them all while on nightshift.

I’ve just finished TNG and just moved onto DS9. I was a big fan of TNG but never got into DS9. Quite enjoying it so far. DAX is topper mind. Not quite on Troi levels mind.

I'm downloading it and ready to watch it during my summer hols on the ferries to the UK

Oh for the good old days when tng was on BBC 2 on a Wednesday night, ds9 on a Thursday night and the original series on a Saturday morning.

Oh for the good old days when tng was on BBC 2 on a Wednesday night, ds9 on a Thursday night and the original series on a Saturday morning.

Yep! Watching The Best Of Both Worlds Part 1 and it comes to THAT cliffhanger......

then the BBC2 Continuity Announcer says “Star Trek will return some time next year“ this before the days where you could search the internet to find out a clue what happens next, would wait impatiently for news for the next series starting.

Yep! Watching The Best Of Both Worlds Part 1 and it comes to THAT cliffhanger......

then the BBC2 Continuity Announcer says “Star Trek will return some time next year“ this before the days where you could search the internet to find out a clue what happens next, would wait impatiently for news for the next series starting.
IIRC Patrick Stewart thought he was being written out

IIRC Patrick Stewart thought he was being written out

There were lots of rumours at the time that Picard was going die, as Paramount were uncertain that Patrick Stewart was not going to sign a new contract, so they had wrote two episodes of part 2 one where he dies and one where he survives to cover themselves.

Which did happen to Terry Farrell in DS9 she refused to sign a new contract so they killed off Jadzia Dax in DS9.

Last edited:

Back