Star Trek : Discovery

Rather underwhelming start to S4 with too much reliance on fancy SFX. They really need to get Saru back on the ship ASAP as the most interesting character on the show.

Haven't got around to watching any of Prodigy yet.

So from the publicity shots it looks like that Saru is back on Discovery after just a single episode as him as an ambassador. So that whole thing was just a shitty plot device so they could promote Burnham past him.

This show is embarrassing all the way through.

I still haven't watched every episode of the last series. I lost interest in it after a couple of poor episodes following on from how bad series two was. So I'm not overly bothered that it has gone to subscriber tv. I'd be annoyed if they did that to cobra Kai though.

Just taken a peek and no wonder it's free - doesn't look as there is anything there that anyone would want to pay for.
You’re right, can’t understand the logic of ending the deal with Netflix to put it on an obscure, cheap no mark platform with probably 3 people and a dog as regular viewers.

From what I've read it's only broadcast live on Pluto, so you'll have to be in the hoose watching it instead of getting pissed on a Friday.
I think you’re right, I will be sticking to my ’other arrangements’ but thought it would be worth some people knowing about it, if they don’t have access to any other methods to view.

I think you’re right, I will be sticking to my ’other arrangements’ but thought it would be worth some people knowing about it, if they don’t have access to any other methods to view.
I will be too mate. I'll have seen the first 2 episodes by tonight so wont be waiting 2 weeks for Pluto to catch up. I'm also busy on most Fridays.
As you said, good move for those who are not as fussy as us.

Just taken a peek and no wonder it's free - doesn't look as there is anything there that anyone would want to pay for.
What the fuck is that site? I just took a look (at work), wanted a skim to see what is there, but 80% of the screen is taking up with an episode of Baywatch which you can't stop or turn off. To see the on demand stuff it is a tiny bit of the window. Spent a couple of minutes trying to work out how to stop Baywatch, didn't really look at their content, left again. Seems a really odd move.

I suspect it will be crammed with masses of adverts too.
From what I've read it's only broadcast live on Pluto, so you'll have to be in the hoose watching it instead of getting pissed on a Friday.
Wow. I got Sky+ over 15 years ago and it changed the way we viewed TV. No just watching what is on, no keeping an eye on the clock for a program to start. Dropped that a few years ago when on-demand became the way to go and don't have a Sky dish or ariel these days.

Waiting for a show to start and watch live, if you are busy you miss it, it is like going back to the late 80s. At least in the 90s most of us could set the video for it.

Last edited:
S4E2 was even worse for me. Apart from a generic action scene, the touchy feely scenes on this episode were amped up to level 100.
Truly awful as Star Trek. It was literally back to back scenes of couples having heart to heart and when they went through all of them, they repeated it again in the same bloody episode!

Last edited:

Back