Star Trek : Discovery

I've wanted one of these for years but never seen any online for <£1000, so I made one myself. Qapla'

The Expanse can be a slog at times and you really have to pay attention to it but it is worth it. Not one of those shows you can watch with your brain turned off.
Season 5 was shit. They had the opportunity to fully explore the new aliens and they completely skipped that and instead it was just another season of squabbling.

Last edited:
3D printer Jobby?
No! It was forged in the fire furnace of oLjak, under the mountain of duRach where Kahless himself single handily fought 50,000 ..... well you get the idea.

Aye, 3d printed and lots of different layers of paint. I've yet to seal it with lacquer to make it relatively food safe for Sunday where I will celebrate our victorious win over Tranmere with a barrel of blood wine!

No! It was forged in the fire furnace of oLjak, under the mountain of duRach where Kahless himself single handily fought 50,000 ..... well you get the idea.

Aye, 3d printed and lots of different layers of paint. I've yet to seal it with lacquer to make it relatively food safe for Sunday where I will celebrate our victorious win over Tranmere with a barrel of blood wine!
Fingers crossed that it never sees any Romulan ale😉

I've wanted one of these for years but never seen any online for <£1000, so I made one myself. Qapla'

Season 5 was shit. They had the opportunity to fully explore the new aliens and they completely skipped that and instead it was just another season of squabbling.
I loved the politics side of The Expanse, I think it gave great context to the character arcs and wasn't just a background thing that writers could just throw weird storylines in for the sake of it.

[/SPOILER]

Re your Spoiler: They’re following the books. They digress from them very often. But to do so to the extent you’ve suggested would be an invention of a whole new universe. The book that series 6 will mostly be based upon - if it’s ever made - hasn’t come out yet, but I seriously doubt that what you suggest will happen in it.

Re your Spoiler: They’re following the books. They digress from them very often. But to do so to the extent you’ve suggested would be an invention of a whole new universe. The book that series 6 will mostly be based upon - if it’s ever made - hasn’t come out yet, but I seriously doubt that what you suggest will happen in it.
Fair enough, so I suppose my comment should be aimed at the books then.
It'll be interesting to see how Kurtzman and Co. fuck this up.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Rumours that Scott Bakula will be making an appearance...

That Is the kiss of death before it even gets going!

it is going to a long road...
I actually really Enjoy Enterprise and I thought SB was a good captain.

Last edited:
Fair enough, so I suppose my comment should be aimed at the books then.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Maybe. But one of the points of the 'Expanse' is one of time... and universes... and dimensions... and other words that make me sound lie an utter nerd. The vast alien-ness of it all is the concept that what destroyed the aliens that created the rings was, of itself, so alien and ancient that the human mind can't even fathom it. There was an attempt in the final episode of the last series to depict something that the alien culture was doing that made time and reality shift for humans... with the suggestion that the aliens understood so little of what 'existence' for humans consisted of that they (in the books) were most probably unaware that we were even lifeforms apart from the impact, on them, of some of the stuff we were doing to wage intergalactic war on each other. To have a bunch of humanoid aliens appear and talk English at us would ruin the whole concept. In my opinion. I realise that's not what you're suggesting. Or I hope it's not

Maybe. But one of the points of the 'Expanse' is one of time... and universes... and dimensions... and other words that make me sound lie an utter nerd. The vast alien-ness of it all is the concept that what destroyed the aliens that created the rings was, of itself, so alien and ancient that the human mind can't even fathom it. There was an attempt in the final episode of the last series to depict something that the alien culture was doing that made time and reality shift for humans... with the suggestion that the aliens understood so little of what 'existence' for humans consisted of that they (in the books) were most probably unaware that we were even lifeforms apart from the impact, on them, of some of the stuff we were doing to wage intergalactic war on each other. To have a bunch of humanoid aliens appear and talk English at us would ruin the whole concept. In my opinion. I realise that's not what you're suggesting. Or I hope it's not
What I'm suggesting is that 5 seasons of squabbling has gotten old and they have a perfect opportunity to feature more of the aliens in the show. They can do that and still keep them mysterious and so advanced that they can't be understood, many sci-fi shows have done that with ultra-advanced races.
The 'new' Battlestar Galactica had a similar problem where it just turned into a soap opera and stopped being sci-fi.

Back