Star Trek : Discovery

Very excited to continue the 24th century story, however I think disco will be more appealing now that it's free from trying to fit into established cannon.
Yeah I just wish they had done that without destroying the UFP and everything Kirk, Picard et al worked for. They could have just pissed off to another galaxy to do that :/

Yeah I just wish they had done that without destroying the UFP and everything Kirk, Picard et al worked for. They could have just pissed off to another galaxy to do that :/
Presumably they want to show a society that has lost its idealism to reflect where we are today

Plus it's that far removed it'd be like lamenting the loss of the Angevin empire today.

Presumably they want to show a society that has lost its idealism to reflect where we are today

Plus it's that far removed it'd be like lamenting the loss of the Angevin empire today.
Not really because although have went almost 1000 years into the future, the Federation was there for the vast majority of the time from the Federation time ships in Voyager and Daniels from Enterprise which did mention Federation, but in a way that implied something had already started to change.
I don't want it to reflect the real world and it getting shit,one of the reasons I watch it is for that better future. But it will possibly be ok as it looks as though they rebuild it anyway in S3

(No spoilers)
Well I got to watch Star Trek: Picard S1E1 and I was a bit worried in the first 15-20 minutes that it was going to be a poor shadow series of TNG.
But by the end of the episode I was impressed that it already stands up as it's own thing very well and still manages to do some shallow and deep fan service at the same time.
It's already fit into the Star Trek universe better than Disco has in my opinion. And it looks like it might not suffer from early season 1/2 'Trek effect.
Overall I'm impressed and looking forward to the next episode! LLAP!

(No spoilers)
Well I got to watch Star Trek: Picard S1E1 and I was a bit worried in the first 15-20 minutes that it was going to be a poor shadow series of TNG.
But by the end of the episode I was impressed that it already stands up as it's own thing very well and still manages to do some shallow and deep fan service at the same time.
It's already fit into the Star Trek universe better than Disco has in my opinion. And it looks like it might not suffer from early season 1/2 'Trek effect.
Overall I'm impressed and looking forward to the next episode! LLAP!
Gerrup...

Season 3 starts Friday.

Let's put our Spock helmets on and plough through this shit one more time.

Another 10 episodes of momentary good stuff surrounded by a howling tsunami of stoopid.

Season 3 starts Friday.

Let's put our Spock helmets on and plough through this shit one more time.

Another 10 episodes of momentary good stuff surrounded by a howling tsunami of stoopid.
Looking forward to it tbh, unshackled from having to circle back to cannon, free to tell new stories.

Interested to see if the theories of what The Burn is are true

Back