Star Trek : Discovery

I see they still havnt answered the question of what control/layland is.
My thinking was they are some version of the borg that evoled from the encounters in First Contact and ENT
Which would mean the time line goes
TOS, TAS, TNG, First Contact, ENT, STD, which would mean that what happenes in ENT and STD are a new time line that is caused by the Borg and Enterprise-F going back in time with there advanced technology at that point.
The show said it was an AI section 31 designed for threat assessment didn't it?

The show runner (or one of the executive producers) has said they weren't thinking borg when they came up with it, and seeing how it seems to have been neutralised I'm inclined to believe her until the show tells us otherwise tbh.

What hasn't made clear is how it took over Leland or why what appeared to be a retinal scanner had a fuck off needle incorporated into it. :lol:

I understand original Star Trek fans get very protective over it but I think it’s a good show and I’ve enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 3.
Same, season 2 had its flaws but it was better than the first. The show seems to be finding its feet.

Not a bad thing.
Voyager was weaker than all treks that came before it.

That's not to say I didn't fire off a few knuckle children to 7 of 9 as a young'un.

Last edited:
They've done a decent job of fixing as much of the continuity and lore problems the first season did even if some stuff had to be shoe horned. I wasnt keen on the whole "we'll just never mention her name again" being the reason Burnham is never mentioned again (Especially since it appears its the second time the spock family have done this - at some point vulcan social services are going to have to look into where the feck Sybok went) but I guess it works and by having discovery in the future they can write what they want without tramping over continuity.

I would like them to basically do andromeda as it was meant to be - star trek post the fall of the federation

Same, season 2 had its flaws but it was better than the first. The show seems to be finding its feet.

That's not to say I didn't fire off a few knuckle children to 7 of 9 as a young'un.
Well fill yer boots with my avatar. Not literally mind.:lol:
Voyager started off weak but became my favourite of all the ST's when it massively improved. I preferred it to the next gen and I don't even class DS9 as star trek.

Last edited:
In love with Seven ^^
Liked it before she came into it.
I thought the pilot two parter was a bit iffy, it had too much Rodenberry influence. Something the next gen suffered badly from. The trying to get home angle in Voyager added an extra dimension to the normal ST. The only spoiler was Neelix I couldn't stand him.

Liked it before she came into it.
I thought the pilot two parter was a bit iffy, it had too much Rodenberry influence. Something the next gen suffered badly from. The trying to get home angle in Voyager added an extra dimension to the normal ST. The only spoiler was Neelix I couldn't stand him.
My thing with Voyager was despite the stranded at the other side of the galaxy with half the crew being part of a rogue faction it ran like a Star Fleet vessel unless the narrative required there to be problems.

"Star Trek: Equinox" with real crew conflict would have been class imo.

As it was most of it felt like typical TNG episodes with the odd "we're 70,000 lightyears from home and I'm out of replicator rations so I need to eat Neelix's food" thrown in.

My thing with Voyager was despite the stranded at the other side of the galaxy with half the crew being part of a rogue faction it ran like a Star Fleet vessel unless the narrative required there to be problems.

"Star Trek: Equinox" with real crew conflict would have been class imo.

As it was most of it felt like typical TNG episodes with the odd "we're 70,000 lightyears from home and I'm out of replicator rations so I need to eat Neelix's food" thrown in.
You can pick fault with all the star treks, especially when you get it down to individual episodes. I didn't like the Equinox episodes, too unbelievable even for sci fi.
Paris was one of my favourite characters in any show, ditto seven, the doctor and Tuvok. It's all about opinions but I thought it pissed all over every ST apart from TOS and about 4 of the films. I'd happily watch repeats of Voyager over new episodes of the Discovery series. I just can't get into the second series. But like I said it's all about opinions.

You can pick fault with all the star treks, especially when you get it down to individual episodes. I didn't like the Equinox episodes, too unbelievable even for sci fi.
Paris was one of my favourite characters in any show, ditto seven, the doctor and Tuvok. It's all about opinions but I thought it pissed all over every ST apart from TOS and about 4 of the films. I'd happily watch repeats of Voyager over new episodes of the Discovery series. I just can't get into the second series. But like I said it's all about opinions.
When I say "Equinox", I mean the situation they were in technologically when they got there. They were fucked and had to make some really shocking decisions.

For voyager they didn't really have many problems past limiting replicator usage.

What was that stargate spinoff called? Where they were stranded on the ship and trying not to die pretty much every episode?

When I say "Equinox", I mean the situation they were in technologically when they got there. They were fucked and had to make some really shocking decisions.

For voyager they didn't really have many problems past limiting replicator usage.

What was that stargate spinoff called? Where they were stranded on the ship and trying not to die pretty much every episode?
Using aliens as fuel certainly broke a few Starfleet rules.:)
Apart from the original film I've never watched any Stargate shows. I love sci fi but couldn't get into the TV series. I gave up with it part way through the first episode.
The year of hell two parter certainly gave them a few problems. I don't think they had it very easy.

Last edited:
The year of hell two parter certainly gave them a few problems. I don't think they had it very easy.
The year of hell two parter didn't happen by the end of it so it gave them no problems and there were no consequences in the grand scheme of things.

Great episodes. If that had been the majority of the season with some major deaths and lasting consequences it would have been epic.

Using aliens as fuel certainly broke a few Starfleet rules.:)
Apart from the original film I've never watched any Stargate shows. I love sci fi but couldn't get into the TV series. I gave up with it part way through the first episode.
Is that your signed picture of Seven of Nine in your pic? Hope it came laminated liiike

The year of hell two parter didn't happen by the end of it so it gave them no problems and there were no consequences in the grand scheme of things.

Great episodes. If that had been the majority of the season with some major deaths and lasting consequences it would have been epic.
Neelix would have been a great major death. Preferably during his second episode.
The two parter with the time machine and the crew going back to nineties LA was my favourite from any star trek.
The hippy who saw the time ship land and got hold of it releasing new technology every few years was based on Bill Gates. His empire was clearly Microsoft I'm surprised he didn't sue.:)

Is that your signed picture of Seven of Nine in your pic? Hope it came laminated liiike
I'm not sure what you're implying there.:lol:
'Resistance is futile.' she wouldn't need to say that to me. I'd offer zero resistance.:)

Last edited:
Neelix would have been a great major death. Preferably during his second episode.
That's just because Neelix is an annoying twat though. :lol:

You could have had real mistrust between the marquis and starfleet crews through the show, then kill Janeway during the year of hell. Have Chakotay need to take command with Tuvok as first officer. Have the holo-emitters get fucked and have Parris stuck as the doctor for a season long arc. Have the replicators fucked so everyone is stuck with Neelix's food (seriously, can nobody else cook on that f***ing ship?). Part of me thinks they wanted the year of hell to be massive, then someone high up nipped it in the bud because they thought it wouldn't do well in syndication.

The two parter with the time machine and the crew going back to nineties LA was my favourite from any star trek.
The hippy who saw the time ship land and got hold of it releasing new technology every few years was based on Bill Gates. His empire was clearly Microsoft I'm surprised he didn't sue.:)
Enjoyed that one.

I'm not sure what you're implying there.:lol:
'Resistance is futile.' she wouldn't need to say that to me. I'd offer zero resistance.:)
I'm not arguing with any of these points marra.

Hiring a lass with colossal baps then putting her in a tight catsuit was utter genius to young Horsey back in the day

As for Neelix I used to think of ways to kill him off every scene he was in

"Hey Neelix, would you mind cleaning the photon torpedo tubes?"

I have only just caught up with it. Thought it was a bit of a shit ending.

One long epic space battle, lots of budget effects, but low on plot and drama. I’m still not convinced I know what they were trying to achieve.

I have only just caught up with it. Thought it was a bit of a shit ending.

One long epic space battle, lots of budget effects, but low on plot and drama. I’m still not convinced I know what they were trying to achieve.

Its been poor over-all, there were a couple of good episodes where I had hope, but no.

:lol:

Back