Star Trek : Discovery

I’ve not seen a trailer

I must admit however to an obviously mistaken belief that this was a telly programme. I don’t have a clue what most people on this thread are talking about.

It’s almost as if this thread has created a portal to another reality in the multiverse and alternative versions of the thread content are seeping through and failing to return to their original dimension.

After seeing the trailer, bodes well for the next series, like I said previously Discovery lacked what TNG etc had for it to be a Star Trek series.... heart. Have seen more “heart” in the trailer than I did in whole of the first series, so hopefully series will finally find its feet.

I liked the trailer but it seems like the plot was a way of shoehorning The Enterprise and Pike into the Discovery universe.
The full series might play out a bit better than the trailer suggests, hopefully.
Yeah it does, but I dont mind if we get some proper 'Trek with exploration, science, character development etc.

I’ve not seen a trailer

I must admit however to an obviously mistaken belief that this was a telly programme. I don’t have a clue what most people on this thread are talking about.

It’s almost as if this thread has created a portal to another reality in the multiverse and alternative versions of the thread content are seeping through and failing to return to their original dimension.

Sometimes life is very difficult to understand, isn’t it? May I suggest that if the Discovery thread is too complicated for you, then you might like to try the Peppa Pig instead? If you are still having difficulties then I’m confident a local three year old child will be able to explain the complicated parts for you. Hope this helps.

Sometimes life is very difficult to understand, isn’t it? May I suggest that if the Discovery thread is too complicated for you, then you might like to try the Peppa Pig instead? If you are still having difficulties then I’m confident a local three year old child will be able to explain the complicated parts for you. Hope this helps.

Fuck off

Hope this helps.

:)

I see we have our season 2 @FootballFan already lined up. Enjoy the ride people!
My Gene have mercy on our souls! :lol:

So it seems Pike will be there the whole season. Hmm.

Exclusive: Anson Mount Talks Playing Pike, Reveals How Many Episodes He’s In Of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’

Upcoming DISCOVERY: SHORT TREK “Calypso” Written by Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Michael Chabon

At Friday afternoon’s Star Trek: Discovery Comic Con panel, executive producer Alex Kurtzman first revealed that Season 2 of the series would be preceded by a set of four “short films,” called Short Treks, starting this Fall.

Two of the 10-15 minute entries will focus on Tilly (Mary Wiseman) and Saru (Doug Jones) — and a third will be directed by Rainn Wilson and center on Harry Mudd — but the fourth will be the first to feature a yet-unseen character in the Discovery universe.

Upcoming DISCOVERY: SHORT TREK “Calypso” Written by Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Michael Chabon | TrekCore Blog

Grr.. I wish it wouldn't merge my last 3 posts into one.

Last edited:
As much as I am quite fond of Patrick Stewart’s Picard and really like this, the sceptical side of me thinks that is just another excuse to flog a dead horse of a franchise that slowly dying (and I’m a Trekkie!)

5 new TV series and 2 films coming up is hardly "dying"

Up until Discovery it was, Enterprise more or less started putting the nail in the coffin and TBH at the time I still felt Discovery was a last attempt to invigorate it (the Latest Films didn’t really inspire me) , Series 1 didn’t give me much confidence but like Stargate that started off badly in its first series but eventually went on for ten years.

Maybe I’ve just gotten a bit cynical as I have gotten older, but part of looks at it and think it just another studio wanting to do it for the money (which is understandable) and trying to make a cash cow ie the Disney/Marvel Cinematic MCU.

But if the pull off the other 5 series successfully then I look forward to it and be glad to be proved wrong.

Personally I would love a series centred around Starfleet Academy or the Excelsior :cool:

Last edited:
After seeing the trailer, bodes well for the next series, like I said previously Discovery lacked what TNG etc had for it to be a Star Trek series.... heart. Have seen more “heart” in the trailer than I did in whole of the first series, so hopefully series will finally find its feet.
Yes it wasn't the best. It came alive when Jason Issacs entered the show,then ended up stupid.

Felt like a vehicle for sonequa martin green. How she's meant to have been raised on Vulcan,yet regularly broke in to that ghetto accent is beyond me.

The designers/writers need move beyond the Klingons, there is probably plenty of other ideas they could expand upon romulans, tholians, those telepaths from TOS Pilot episode.
Those klingons were shite too. Borderline racist to me as well.

Yes it wasn't the best. It came alive when Jason Issacs entered the show,then ended up stupid.

Felt like a vehicle for sonequa martin green. How she's meant to have been raised on Vulcan,yet regularly broke in to that ghetto accent is beyond me

That was the biggest issue with the whole show for me. I find Martin-Green to be a very poor actress. Wooden even for a Vulcan portrayal. Burnham the character is arrogant, a bit thick and almost entirely self centred. When they started to sideline her a bit the show improved hugely. The last time a Trek show was so concentrated on an individual, it was Enterprise. Really the producers should have held their hands up and tried to secure Isaacs for another season or two. Modern TV producers don't seem to understand that it's an ensemble piece above everything else.

Different Klingon tribes doesn't explain why all Klingons look the same less than ten years later (or indeed before, during Enterprise). This is the problem with prequels, there's so much continuity to get out from under.

I also still think it isn't Prime timeline and we'll see that this season as the get-out.

That was the biggest issue with the whole show for me. I find Martin-Green to be a very poor actress. Wooden even for a Vulcan portrayal. Burnham the character is arrogant, a bit thick and almost entirely self centred. When they started to sideline her a bit the show improved hugely. The last time a Trek show was so concentrated on an individual, it was Enterprise. Really the producers should have held their hands up and tried to secure Isaacs for another season or two. Modern TV producers don't seem to understand that it's an ensemble piece above everything else.

Different Klingon tribes doesn't explain why all Klingons look the same less than ten years later (or indeed before, during Enterprise). This is the problem with prequels, there's so much continuity to get out from under.

I also still think it isn't Prime timeline and we'll see that this season as the get-out.

They kinda, sorta, if you look sideways can be used as a reason why. But overall, I don't care how they do it, as long as we get our proper Klingons back. They can explain the mystery in 20 years time in a new series for all I care (Like ST:ENT) :lol:

Back