Star Trek : Discovery

The scene where she does the neck pinch and takes over the ship is starting to bother me a lot. It's lazy scriptwriting for one using a well known ST trope for effect and completely against what we know of Star Trek.

Been working my way through TOS and TNG on netflix. The trailer for the new stuff didnt sell it at all well for me. Looked to be trying too hard to be an action oriented gritty show based around long story arcs, rather than about fantastical places and interesting ideas played out over single episodes.

This is making my day at work last longer than usual waiting to get home to watch it.

I was hoping we'd have a lead character that was British like we've had with every other Star Trek show. Picard, Bashir, Scotty, Malcolm. I was hoping Jason Isaacs would be that man, but they gave him a sodding yank accent. He would have made an excellent Picard too, but he's also a darker character apparently

Maybe it's Shazad Latif / Lieutenant Tyler is that person. He's listed quite high in the cast list on IMDB in 4th place and appears in all the episodes, so maybe an important role?

Left Wing media making a big deal about it having a black lead, I'm no star trek expert but theres defo been black leads before?
Very much so. The mighty Sisko He's off his tits in real life.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Wow, some experts on the star trek subject.

Any decent knockers in it, like?

Back