Star Trek : Discovery

Mad isn't it. She's easily the worst character in star trek and there have been some shockers.

Madness to continue with her. Maybe they're on a massive windup.
It's the whole (incorrectly executed) woke-LGBT-feminist movement. It's destroyed Dr Who who have to go back to basics.
The worst thing is it's actually not real feminism, it's just man-hating. It's not healthy for the LGBT+ community either as it's encouraging segregation. Like for example the PR going out of it's way to say that "the bridge crew is ALL WOMEN". Statements like that are not empowering for women, Is just "toxic" really and nothing to do with equality... not to mention it's not all women anyway!, which is weird. Or to mention "THE FIRST FEMALE CAPTAIN", when Janeway was there doing the job 1000x better than Burnham. They late changed it to first black female captain after people poited out Jayneway and Sisko.
Or instead of integrating the LGBT+ characters on Disco, they deliberately make them their own separate "family" away from straight people with completely separate scenes and isolate them often.
It's all arse backwards and sets LGBT/Feminism back 30 years.
What's left after that is shitty generic sci-fi with a slight whiff of Star Trek.

For me, even though it's goofy, Lower Decks is MUCH more Star Trek than Disco or Picard.

Mike M should be in charge of the whole franchise, he knows what Star Trek is and respects it. Remember he can't show as much as he likes because he was asked to do a goofy cartoon. But you can tell he knows and respects the universe well

Y

Yep and 90% of people liked Saru and the fucked him.
Notice the tag line for the new season "It's now HER time"
Even more heavy on the woke factor.
They are even f***ing up the Ferengi's visuals too. "But we are closer to Gene's concepts" isn't good enough when they have already been accepted as they are after several decades.
Also yet again this season there's a "BIG BAD" that threatens the whole universe and only Captain Court-martial can save us all!

They literally said that Spock was so good because of his sister Burnham in season 2 was it? I was like.. wow. 1 second to destroy 50 years of character legacy.

:lol: “Captain Court-Martial”

Like it.

Totally underwhelmed by the prospect of Discovery S4. Only Burnham can save the universe again by disobeying an order. Yawn.

More interested in the return of Picard despite its well troden "go back in time to save the future' plot.

Very interested in Strange New Worlds. Had the potential to be fantastic.

Not fussed by Prodigy but willing to give it a go. Hated the first few episodes of Lower Decks but then it grew on me. I suspect that Prodigy will be less reference-heavy but still enough in there to reward older viewers.

It's the whole (incorrectly executed) woke-LGBT-feminist movement. It's destroyed Dr Who who have to go back to basics.
The worst thing is it's actually not real feminism, it's just man-hating. It's not healthy for the LGBT+ community either as it's encouraging segregation. Like for example the PR going out of it's way to say that "the bridge crew is ALL WOMEN". Statements like that are not empowering for women, Is just "toxic" really and nothing to do with equality... not to mention it's not all women anyway!, which is weird. Or to mention "THE FIRST FEMALE CAPTAIN", when Janeway was there doing the job 1000x better than Burnham. They late changed it to first black female captain after people poited out Jayneway and Sisko.
Or instead of integrating the LGBT+ characters on Disco, they deliberately make them their own separate "family" away from straight people with completely separate scenes and isolate them often.
It's all arse backwards and sets LGBT/Feminism back 30 years.
What's left after that is shitty generic sci-fi with a slight whiff of Star Trek.

For me, even though it's goofy, Lower Decks is MUCH more Star Trek than Disco or Picard.

Mike M should be in charge of the whole franchise, he knows what Star Trek is and respects it. Remember he can't show as much as he likes because he was asked to do a goofy cartoon. But you can tell he knows and respects the universe well
I really don’t get the whole basis of the show and what they wanted to do with it. Sit it between Enterprise and TOS, then realise they only had a limited bit of scope without rewriting Trek basics. Some they said sod it and rewrote the rules, others they have tried to bodge the storyline around. They are then making a big deal about race, gender and sexuality on a show that already pushed the boundaries on that - some of it 50 years ago. In the end they wrote themselves into a hole and flung the ship into the far future to get out of it.

They should have just set the show after Voyager, then they would have had a clean slate with tech and other storylines. We have had strong female and black characters that were just there, nothing special of ooh look, a lady. It is 2021, we are used to non-white, non-male, non-hetrosexuals having a rightfully accepted place in society. Just let it happen. By throwing that under the spotlight as something special, it makes some back away as too political and others less accepting. Just show women in charge as a normal thing, same as the Kirk Uhuru kiss was normal and people accept it, hopefully making this more normal for women in real life, in the areas where it is still hard.

I've resigned myself to the fact that the closest I'm going to get to real Star Trek is The Orville.
Incidentally, Seth Mcfarlane has an interesting round table conversation with all the main writers on the Tng bluray. He's a massive fan and it shows in his writing.
But Kurtzman knows best, right?

Totally underwhelmed by the prospect of Discovery S4. Only Burnham can save the universe again by disobeying an order. Yawn.

More interested in the return of Picard despite its well troden "go back in time to save the future' plot.

Very interested in Strange New Worlds. Had the potential to be fantastic.

Not fussed by Prodigy but willing to give it a go. Hated the first few episodes of Lower Decks but then it grew on me. I suspect that Prodigy will be less reference-heavy but still enough in there to reward older viewers.
You do know Prodigy is aimed at kids right?

Apparently not coming to Netflix and not coming to international customers (ie outside US & Canada) on 19th of this month, but in 2022 where Paramount + is available (apparently will be a sky addon)

Apparently not coming to Netflix and not coming to international customers (ie outside US & Canada) on 19th of this month, but in 2022 where Paramount + is available (apparently will be a sky addon)
Yeh just seen that, Discovery season 1-3 also pulled from Netflix from tomorrow.

Argggh ! I loved it on Netflix. Non standard steaming platform it is 🥺

Star Trek Discovery is being used to encourage people to buy Paramount+? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The best star trek of the last 20 years is either a cartoon (lower Decks), or a show that isn't star trek (The Orville)

The fact Disco spent 2 series tonging the Chinese market's collective balloon knot, while trying to be superior in the inclusivity argument is the main reason nobody gives a toss about it anymore.

The best star trek of the last 20 years is either a cartoon (lower Decks), or a show that isn't star trek (The Orville)

The fact Disco spent 2 series tonging the Chinese market's collective balloon knot, while trying to be superior in the inclusivity argument is the main reason nobody gives a toss about it anymore.
I'd add Prodigy to that. It's actually quite good and not just for kids. Disco and Picard are shite and the fact they pulled Disco from Netflix around the globe days before launch is really f***ing shitty.
I wont be paying for Paramount+, I'll just use torrents.
This is a silly gamble by CBS/Paramount

I'd add Prodigy to that. It's actually quite good and not just for kids. Disco and Picard are shite and the fact they pulled Disco from Netflix around the globe days before launch is really f***ing shitty.
I wont be paying for Paramount+, I'll just use torrents.
This is a silly gamble by CBS/Paramount
CBS/Paramount showed their true colours (well colour, its green because all the care about is money) when they let those modders spend years creating the enterprise d on pc and then filing a cease & desist against them the day it was releases (it was free btw)

Utter corporate scum who have ruined the franchise effectively

Apparently not only with Discovery be delayed months now till Paramount+ is launched but you will also have to pay for a Sky subscription too. What a f***ing joke just a couple of days before it's supposed to air.
CBS/Paramount showed their true colours (well colour, its green because all the care about is money) when they let those modders spend years creating the enterprise d on pc and then filing a cease & desist against them the day it was releases (it was free btw)

Utter corporate scum who have ruined the franchise effectively
I've got a backup of that actually if anyone wants a copy

Back