Star Trek : Discovery

Anyone else watching the Star Trek day streams that just started?

Opening orchestra was fantastic,
Alex Kurtzman is on now, sending me to sleep.

Looking forward to the sneak peek of SNW and new seasons of D and P
Just showed the Prodigy trailer. Looks fantastic for kids. The ship looks like it's from STO
No SNW trailer, but they showed some of the new characters, including Nurse Chapel and Uhura
Motion Picture getting a new re-scanned release in 4K.
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Anyone remember when Star Trek depicted a bright future for the human race?

This looks to be another nostalgia cash grab written by people who've never watched Star Trek in the first f***ing place.
Same as Disco, it's almost entirely been dystopian.

The ironic thing about it all is the panellists on Star Trek Day, especially LeVar Burton were saying Star Trek is great because of the optimistic future it shows. Which is blindly obvious, yet they do this shit that nobody wants during the best of times, never mind a pandemic ffs

Anyone remember when Star Trek depicted a bright future for the human race?

This looks to be another nostalgia cash grab written by people who've never watched Star Trek in the first f***ing place.

I'm just happy to have some new 'trek' to watch tbh but you are absolutely right.

For me I'll always view TNG, VOY & DS9 as proper Canon and these new shows as just a different take on Trek, not to be taken seriously.

What I don't understand is why they are making it this way. Who is it appealing to? I can't imagine new Trek appealing to a new audience tbh so why not just give the fans what they want.

I'm just happy to have some new 'trek' to watch tbh but you are absolutely right.

For me I'll always view TNG, VOY & DS9 as proper Canon and these new shows as just a different take on Trek, not to be taken seriously.

What I don't understand is why they are making it this way. Who is it appealing to? I can't imagine new Trek appealing to a new audience tbh so why not just give the fans what they want.
Well buckle up because Kurtzman has signed a deal for another Five years, so you'll be getting loads of this shite.

I'm hoping Q reveals to Picard that the only reason he took an interest in the human race was because Michael Burnham was so fabulous :lol:

I've only just learned Ethan Peck who plays Spock is Gregory Peck's grandson. Every time I saw his name on Discovery, never actually realised until I now, when I read a post about it on the Star Trek FB page.

Well buckle up because Kurtzman has signed a deal for another Five years, so you'll be getting loads of this shite.

I'm hoping Q reveals to Picard that the only reason he took an interest in the human race was because Michael Burnham was so fabulous :lol:
With time travel, we will find in the next 2 series that every time Kirk, Picard, Sisko and Janeway won a major battle and solved a major crisis, behind the scene it was actually Burnham going back in time to make it possible

Y
It's mad like probably 90% of people who will watch this do not like her and will have made it clear soooooo

They make her Captain.

Good work...
Yep and 90% of people liked Saru and the fucked him.
Notice the tag line for the new season "It's now HER time"
Even more heavy on the woke factor.
They are even f***ing up the Ferengi's visuals too. "But we are closer to Gene's concepts" isn't good enough when they have already been accepted as they are after several decades.
Also yet again this season there's a "BIG BAD" that threatens the whole universe and only Captain Court-martial can save us all!
With time travel, we will find in the next 2 series that every time Kirk, Picard, Sisko and Janeway won a major battle and solved a major crisis, behind the scene it was actually Burnham going back in time to make it possible
They literally said that Spock was so good because of his sister Burnham in season 2 was it? I was like.. wow. 1 second to destroy 50 years of character legacy.

Last edited:
Y

Yep and 90% of people liked Saru and the fucked him.
Notice the tag line for the new season "It's now HER time"
Even more heavy on the woke factor.
They are even f***ing up the Ferengi's visuals too. "But we are closer to Gene's concepts" isn't good enough when they have already been accepted as they are after several decades.
Also yet again this season there's a "BIG BAD" that threatens the whole universe and only Captain Court-martial can save us all!

They literally said that Spock was so good because of his sister Burnham in season 2 was it? I was like.. wow. 1 second to destroy 50 years of character legacy.

Mad isn't it. She's easily the worst character in star trek and there have been some shockers.

Madness to continue with her. Maybe they're on a massive windup.

Sacked it off a couple of episodes before the end of the last season. I feel I can now vindicate myself of this all too easy decision. That looks f***ing painful and it was just a 2 minute trailer.

Back