Star Trek : Discovery

I like Rick and Morty so didn't bother me. It's a fair comparison, if you don't like R&M you aren't likely to like this

I think Rick and Morty is a great show.

These new Trek shows are going to age horribly, they're too rooted in this time period when it comes to language and attitude.

Lower Decks has been better than the car crashes that are Disco and Picard, even if it's lower brow cartoon stuff, at least it feels like 'Trek
Here's hoping S3 of Disco fixes a LOT of things.

Lower Decks has been better than the car crashes that are Disco and Picard, even if it's lower brow cartoon stuff, at least it feels like 'Trek
Here's hoping S3 of Disco fixes a LOT of things.

Indeed, although I think it seems a bit lazy of the writers to have Discovery jump far ahead so they not hindered by Star Trek canon.

Isn't there another Star Trek series in the works? Something to do with Enterprise/Pike?

Edit: Found it - Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Indeed, although I think it seems a bit lazy of the writers to have Discovery jump far ahead so they not hindered by Star Trek canon.

Isn't there another Star Trek series in the works? Something to do with Enterprise/Pike?

I'm hoping that's so far down the road we might get Frakes in charge of Trek by then. He's to Trek what Favreau is to Star Wars these days.

A good game to play during these new shows is 'count the producers'. All the shows so far have had more producers than regular cast members, so no wonder it's all over the shop a lot of the time.

I'm hoping that's so far down the road we might get Frakes in charge of Trek by then. He's to Trek what Favreau is to Star Wars these days.

A good game to play during these new shows is 'count the producers'. All the shows so far have had more producers than regular cast members, so no wonder it's all over the shop a lot of the time.
Frakes is directing more and more now. Just been reading an interview with them all.
Seems to have canny sway now.

Is it lazy? I think it was to free them creativity wise. They were absolutely certain they needed to do something to 'explain' discovery. Ie how the fuck no one had heard of it, why spock had a sister, a f***ing Shroom Drive etc.
Of course that was cos they backed themselves into a corner going down that route, but i think this is the best way.

Looks like Disco is going to be a bit like Andromeda (show with Kevin sorbo) ie rebuilding the federation.
After what I'm hoping turns out to be that the burn is
a due to a massive explosion of Omega particles (from Voyager) which destroyed space travel as we know it and the federation was shattered due to planets now being centuries travel apart. Hence how you see in the trailer planets have mixtures of species on.

Last edited:

They constantly fucked things up with canon and that's why they went to the future. Thing is, the damage is done.

Yup I'm hoping ST:SNW is a lot better, they have said it will be more in the mould of TOS, but it's the same shitty Kurtzman team, so we'll have Klingons from LoTR

Yup. I always thought Andromeda was based was arguably a retooled potential ST show.
From what we know its deffo going that way. The promo pics of Burnham with the flag, the (presumably) president of the federation saying they had hoped they'd arrive (which suggests to me discovery maybe slipped into myth).
Interested which planets remain on the flag. Is it 3 stars?
I'm assuming earth and possibly Andor & tellar/vulcan

Just had a look on Netflix, not available yet! Anybody know what time it gets dropped to watch in the UK?

Edit: answer solved.... 8:00am :oops:

Last edited:
Watched last night. Canny. Nowt spectacular but enjoyed.

Fuck load of Easter eggs, from Voy through to DS9 and TOS

Also Enterprise
When Book mentions the temporal wars, possibly the Temporal Cold War from Enterprise

Canny episode I thought, looks they are not going to totally ignore canon like people assumed.

Back