Star Trek : Discovery

There's a lot of things Discovery changes from canon though remember.

Much earlier than that, Gyanan mentioned them existing for 100,000 of years

Wiki source:

In TNG's "Q Who?", Guinan mentions that the Borg are "made up of organic and artificial life [...] which has been developing for [...] thousands of centuries." In the later episode of Star Trek: Voyager, "Dragon's Teeth", Gedrin, of the race the Vaadwaur, says that before he and his people were put into suspended animation 892 years earlier (1482), the Borg had assimilated only a few colonies in the Delta Quadrant and were considered essentially a minor nuisance. Now awake in the 24th century, he is amazed to see that the Borg control a vast area of the Delta Quadrant. Seven of Nine comments that the Borg's collective memories of that time period are fragmentary, though it is never established why that is.

The Borg originated much earlier in Prime Timeline I think. I'm sure I saw something about our 14th century somewhere.

I assumed it was a parallel development - control was built by section 31 who *may* have had borg tech from earth when a sphere blew up in the atmosphere (first contact) and the sphere has just in some way awoken but more likely t was just writers keeping a plot development potential open

I thought that was a really good episode 8.5/10

D7 at last!.. although not much of it and the lights in the engineering hull were off...
I was hoping the son of Tyler and Lorell (sp) would have been the final jump that makes Klingons look like Klingons.
The 2nd time we see the pin going into the eye (or attempted)... Very much like the Locutus scene... Adding more fuel to the fire they are proto-borg. Remember with time, you can change this history of time itself, so Borg origin stories can be changed.

Last edited:
Agreed. Lets go investigate a top of the line S31 warship in a shuttle.... and by myself.. yeah.. cracking Starfleet Training that

I think you forgetting that Star Trek has a history of this sort of thing, sending off their officers in under-equipped shuttles.... but then probably not incompetent training, more like lazy scriptwriters!

The Menagerie
Galileo Seven
Metamorphosis
The Immunity Syndrome
Time Squared
Final Mission
The Mind’s Eye
Rascals
Chain of Command
Timescape
Lower Decks

I give looking through episodes, mainly because I’d have to list nearly every DS9 episode!

The time crystal thing is lazy as fuck though, they just happen to be on this Klingon planet, gimme a break.

Scary monk: “NO TIME CRYSTAL SHALL EVER LEAVE HERE!”

Pike:”but I want one”

Scary monk:”oh ok then just grab that one there and off you pop!”

I thought that the latest victim of control, bloke from the Shenzhou , sounded very Borg like when he had been hit repeatedly with the phaser strikes

Plothole/brainfart from ep 10: "It's Burnham from the future. Let's set a trap!"

Er... surely future Burnham would remember when past Burnham tried to capture herself 20 years ago. And yet a ship choc full of "science" officers failed to think of this obvious paradoxical contradiction.

Plothole/brainfart from ep 10: "It's Burnham from the future. Let's set a trap!"

Er... surely future Burnham would remember when past Burnham tried to capture herself 20 years ago. And yet a ship choc full of "science" officers failed to think of this obvious paradoxical contradiction.
Ermmm......

I know.. it wasn't Michael anyway. But if it was, the trap wouldn't have worked because future Burnham would remember "that day when she tried to capture herself".

Bad writing methinks.
Yes, but they never went with that story, so that scenario never existed and thus not bad writing.

Back