Star Trek : Discovery

Just got around to watching it. It only seemed like enough story for half an episode to me and not enough substance.

"It's all about you Michael" kinda confirms she's the red angel?

Just got around to watching it. It only seemed like enough story for half an episode to me and not enough substance.

"It's all about you Michael" kinda confirms she's the red angel?

The episode could have been a lot better, the cyborg lass (forgot her name sorry), bit more backstory would have been nice.

I’m still finding the Michael character very irritating, might be the fact that the actress playing her is a bit....flat. The other characters on the bridge come across more likeable and more than a two dimensional figure.

Least shocking shocker ever.

Alternate timeline all but confirmed now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought there were far too many dialog scenes and not enough substance in this one. Tyler and Burnham have had the same or similar conversation about 10 times now, give it a f***ing rest, it's boring!.
I was about to punch the f***ing telly when they said it was Burnham, but nice twist at the end. Forgiven.
Every episode feels like it has too much filler and not enough story. I'm REALLY missing the episodic nature of previous Treks and starting to hate a cliffhanger at the end of every episode.
Spock just hasn't grown on me as Spock, he feels like a completely different character, which is a shame.
Overall slightly disappointed. 6.5/10

So.. the section 31 ship has a virus infection. It looks like the S31 captain was not killed but.. ... erm.. assimilated to me.

In other Star Trek news, there's something called Star Trek V on sci-fi right now. I've never heard of it. It's so bad. Bad enough for me to take those memory wipe pills.

I thought there were far too many dialog scenes and not enough substance in this one. Tyler and Burnham have had the same or similar conversation about 10 times now, give it a f***ing rest, it's boring!.
I was about to punch the f***ing telly when they said it was Burnham, but nice twist at the end. Forgiven.
Every episode feels like it has too much filler and not enough story. I'm REALLY missing the episodic nature of previous Treks and starting to hate a cliffhanger at the end of every episode.
Spock just hasn't grown on me as Spock, he feels like a completely different character, which is a shame.
Overall slightly disappointed. 6.5/10

So.. the section 31 ship has a virus infection. It looks like the S31 captain was not killed but.. ... erm.. assimilated to me.
Agree with most of this. I had a feeling about the red angel twist when they mentioned who built it earlier in the episode.
I don’t mind character development but it still has to move the story along, I don’t think this episode really did that.

Back