Star Trails..

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's full moon.

Give it a rest you tiresome know it all.

Charming :lol:

I just think with your obvious talent for it you could be challenging yourself and looking for top notch foregrounds

Just adding my 2p worth. Sure I read somewhere that very long exposures on digital cameras isn't good for the sensor as it heats up and may cause damage to the sensor. Just a thought to keep in the back of your mind.

Just adding my 2p worth. Sure I read somewhere that very long exposures on digital cameras isn't good for the sensor as it heats up and may cause damage to the sensor. Just a thought to keep in the back of your mind.
That's like saying a cars for driving and you should turn the engine off at a standstill. Yes, its probably the best thing to do, but where's the fun in that.

I had some muppet tell me the other day that I should leave the lens cap on when my camera was on a table in case it got damaged... what by, air :lol: Some people treat their SLRs like fine bone china

That's like saying a cars for driving and you should turn the engine off at a standstill. Yes, its probably the best thing to do, but where's the fun in that.

I had some muppet tell me the other day that I should leave the lens cap on when my camera was on a table in case it got damaged... what by, air :lol: Some people treat their SLRs like fine bone china

I suspect he's right though and it'll be one of the reason the multi exposure technique has been developed for digi. Giving the sensor a rest should help. I know the big backs have loads of heat sinks

Just what I read, up to the individual how they treat their gear. Doesn't bother me in the least what they do...

Most modern DSLR do HD video which (when recording) opens the shutter exposing the sensor to light for sometimes hours. Much more demanding than long low light exposures.

Besides most DSLR have temperature warnings built in.

Most modern DSLR do HD video which (when recording) opens the shutter exposing the sensor to light for sometimes hours. Much more demanding than long low light exposures.

Not necessarily, as the sensor is taking a break between each frame, and the resolution is less. But yeah, you'd assume newer DSLR's were getting wise to such issues

Most boot out before overheating or damaging the sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back