Star trail settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dappa

Striker
I'm going to attempt this for the first time tonight. I'm staying down swainby so light pollution should be minimal but I've not done this before.

Should I shoot with an ISO 100
How long do you hold the shutter open?
I'm hoping to do it without stacking.

Use a high ISO, 800 or 1600 depending on sky glow. Set camera to burst mode and exposure length to 30s. Using a shutter release, press and lock it. Leave it to take shots until the battery runs out or the lens fogs up. Stack the resulting shots in Startrails or starstax to make a composite. If you do it without stacking it will be shite.

Use a high ISO, 800 or 1600 depending on sky glow. Set camera to burst mode and exposure length to 30s. Using a shutter release, press and lock it. Leave it to take shots until the battery runs out or the lens fogs up. Stack the resulting shots in Startrails or starstax to make a composite. If you do it without stacking it will be shite.

3/10 for reading the post ;)

I read it smart arse. There is absolutely no point in doing it in a single shot with digital. The stars will be feeble.

This would prolly be illegal in this country now :lol:

I got mine just walking in, somebody didn't turn up so I took their place. Usually need an appointment though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back