Standing at matches

Scary nuns

Midfield
Labour gave its support and the government commissioned a review on it in June.
Its gone a bit quiet since.
Will it happen, does everyone still want it?

Aren't they waiting for the premier league to give their verdict before moving forwards? Football league etc. are in favour already.

Aren't they waiting for the premier league to give their verdict before moving forwards? Football league etc. are in favour already.
Is that so, I thought it had started with them asking for standing areas. The question keeps getting put back on the merry go round.

Is that so, I thought it had started with them asking for standing areas. The question keeps getting put back on the merry go round.
Think that's right. The FA and Football League are in favour. Parliament, generally and as with most things, haven't considered the actual evidence/facts and it's been a no go because they think it's returning to the free for all, cram every one in terraces.

Think everyone was waiting for the Premier Leagues report/findings before they put pressure on parliament again...… not sure why it would take so long to look at the design and think 'aye, looks safe and has worked well elsewhere' like :rolleyes:

EDIT: I stand corrected:
Safe standing in Premier League ‘by 2020-21’

Behind a paywall but the top of the article states the Premier League and FA are in favour and the government review was in response to that....

Last edited:

Back