Standard Guitar music going forward.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
it doesn’t seem to have much of a future really. It’s a shame. The last renaissance of it I suppose was with the likes of the strokes, white stripes etc in the early 2000s.

Even the likes of Radiohead swapped to synths and making more abstract music. It often ends up that way. Even Bowie did it and at the time he was knocking about with Iggy Pop who you’d think would have steered him back to dirge.

Can anyone actually see a band coming through like Oasis or Nirvana now who have older people being impressed too like used to happen with kids. Bands these days with guitars are aimed at a particular audience and seem A&Red to fuck.

I reckon there will be a few people who say it’s just that the likes of me is getting older but I don’t agree. I don’t think we will ever see another Led Zeppelin, David Bowie or Pink Floyd.

I think it’s all going to be electronic based. All I listen to New seems to be electronic.

Last edited:

The ginger kid strumming a guitar hasn’t done too badly.
I agree. He’s no bother and has his place but what I mean is like is anyone going to come up with punk or hip hop. We’ve had slow times before like 97 to 2000 where it was nu metal but that was 3 years then up pop the strokes, white stripes, libertines and the streets and something new was going on. Yeah they’d been done before I suppose but there’s nowt much since then where you can look and think stands the test of time.

I agree. He’s no bother and has his place but what I mean is like is anyone going to come up with punk or hip hop. We’ve had slow times before like 97 to 2000 where it was nu metal but that was 3 years then up pop the strokes, white stripes, libertines and the streets and something new was going on. Yeah they’d been done before I suppose but there’s nowt much since then where you can look and think stands the test of time.

Popular music has gone mainly hip hop, grunge, r n b and EDM etc.

It’s where the money is, just look how much Calvin Harris is worth for example (whatever happened to him) that’s what the record industry has always been about, the £’s.

You call that a guitar?

Looks like one to me.

As far as hit singles are concerned, music has changed massively, probably forever. As for prevailing scenes, I'm not sure they're always healthy.

I'd say Catfish And The Bottlemen are quite a big band for 2010's. I'm sure they're doing a UK arena tour in the winter.

Other than that I can't think of any bands that have emerged in 2010's from the UK. Possibly 1975?

Just shows the absolute state of music.

it doesn’t seem to have much of a future really. It’s a shame. The last renaissance of it I suppose was with the likes of the strokes, white stripes etc in the early 2000s.

Even the likes of Radiohead swapped to synths and making more abstract music. It often ends up that way. Even Bowie did it and at the time he was knocking about with Iggy Pop who you’d think would have steered him back to dirge.

Can anyone actually see a band coming through like Oasis or Nirvana now who have older people being impressed too like used to happen with kids. Bands these days with guitars are aimed at a particular audience and seem A&Red to fuck.

I reckon there will be a few people who say it’s just that the likes of me is getting older but I don’t agree. I don’t think we will ever see another Led Zeppelin, David Bowie or Pink Floyd.

I think it’s all going to be electronic based. All I listen to New seems to be electronic.
When I think of guitar, I wouldn't think about Bowie.

You call that a guitar?
Ginger's guitar
Logon or register to see this image
-

Last edited:
I'd say Catfish And The Bottlemen are quite a big band for 2010's. I'm sure they're doing a UK arena tour in the winter.

Other than that I can't think of any bands that have emerged in 2010's from the UK. Possibly 1975?

Just shows the absolute state of music.

Depressing as fuck that mind.

Always comes back around. Usually when there's a period of time where the majority of music is the opposite and there is a void to fill.

Won't be another massive band though IMO, but that's more to do with how music is consumed now.

the op's right imo. all the notes there are to play on guitars have been played

That doesn't matter to the masses.

Last edited:
It’s where the money is, just look how much Calvin Harris is worth for example (whatever happened to him) that’s what the record industry has always been about, the £’s..
His first album was a total breath of fresh air at the time IMO. He was getting a shitload of airplay with “Acceptable in the 80s” and “Girls”, and he was just a kid making music in his bedroom. It didn’t take long before he was just another superstar DJ.

Back