Stand alone record player

Boz33

Striker
Reet another Xmas task to fulfill.:rolleyes:
Little un wants one of them retro looking record players so she can fuck all our old vinyls no doubt.
Is there any that are any good or are they all shite and doesn't matter which one she gets.
Tried to go down the route of her having my old technics seperates that are in the loft and she's not interested, wants this retro crap all her friends have

So any of the SMB audiophiles know of any decent ones
Ta in advance

Little un wants one of them retro looking record players so she can fuck all our old vinyls no doubt.
Is there any that are any good or are they all shite and doesn't matter which one she gets.
Tried to go down the route of her having my old technics seperates that are in the loft and she's not interested, wants this retro crap all her friends have

Ta in advance
Do you mean an all in one? Don’t bother, tell her to play her music through the speaker on her phone for the same quality. By all means by the separates but those all in ones are dreadful.

Don't get one of those retro suitcase type ones, they're cheap and nasty and will knack your records. Pay a little bit more for a proper one
They aren't bad as a starter kit to see if it's just a passing fad or not. If the kid remains interested then invest in a proper one.

Don't get one of those retro suitcase type ones, they're cheap and nasty and will knack your records. Pay a little bit more for a proper one
She doesn't want a proper one, as I said I offered her my seperates but all the girls have these retro shite things, so not worth the hassle.
Was just enquiring if there's any less shite than the rest ones:lol:

Do you mean an all in one? Don’t bother, tell her to play her music through the speaker on her phone for the same quality. By all means by the separates but those all in ones are dreadful.
She's 14 mate, sense doesn't come into it, style over substance at that age:lol:

She doesn't want a proper one, as I said I offered her my seperates but all the girls have these retro shite things, so not worth the hassle.
Was just enquiring if there's any less shite than the rest ones:lol:

She's 14 mate, sense doesn't come into it, style over substance at that age:lol:
Fair do’s :lol:

Ta in advance
Don't put any records of any value on them.

you already have technics seperates and she wants one of those shitty retro jobs, jesus wept!

if you do end up getting one of those get a new needle straight away, the ones they come with will fuck up your vinyl

Teenage girls man, pain in the arse, just saw some hideous doc martins with flowers on she's just bought yesterday:lol:
Always thought it was supposed to be kids embarrassed at what their parents wore, apparently not:lol:
My daughters 5 and the wife has just bought her her first pair of DM’s.

I reckon they're class!
Go for it mate, you'll cut quite the dashing figure in them, got them at schuh if you need some:lol:

Just tell her to get an app to play scratches and pops over her mp3's
Think that's why they all want these retro things, since they all use their phones and Bluetooth into speakers and the like, think they are going old Skool, using shite to play vinyl. But I guess if it expands her musical tastes it's not such a bad thing

Last edited:

Back