Stan Lee RIP

Me too. Still got a couple of boxes somewhere!
seems weird to me that the films are so popular...in my mind they're still something only me and a few other nerds are into :lol:

Could be because when I got into them none of my mates cared about them and it was a bit of an insular thing

Same as me, I’ve been reading Marvel for over 40 years, while at school everybody was into collecting football cards etc I was looked at strangely at collecting and reading Marvel (especially Marvel UK).

Stan Lee was perhaps one of those people that I had on bucket list to meet and chat with as he truly was a major influence on me. Sadly won’t happen now.

seems weird to me that the films are so popular...in my mind they're still something only me and a few other nerds are into :lol:

Could be because when I got into them none of my mates cared about them and it was a bit of an insular thing
I've still got a box or two of Marvel comics etc. Spiderman was always my favourite as a kid in the 80's.

This, exactly.

I've still got a box or two of Marvel comics etc. Spiderman was always my favourite as a kid in the 80's.
Yeah I'm probably the same although I got hugely into Daredevil Frank Miller era. The latest Netflix series has loads of nice nods to it.

One thing I miss with Netflix and the films is the smaller stories where it's just some lunatic criminal in a daft costume and the actions not potentially world -ending!

RIP Stan Lee, thank you for being part of my marriage proposal

Infinity war part 2 will probably be his last marvel appearance i reckon

Last edited:
Same as me, I’ve been reading Marvel for over 40 years, while at school everybody was into collecting football cards etc I was looked at strangely at collecting and reading Marvel (especially Marvel UK).

Stan Lee was perhaps one of those people that I had on bucket list to meet and chat with as he truly was a major influence on me. Sadly won’t happen now.

I feel very fortunate to have met the great man. 1991 in Forbidden Planet, Newcastle when he did a signing tour of the 30 years of Marvel book. I’ll never forget our conversation. I was a young starry eyed kid who handed him my comic to sign.
“Geez kid, the very first Silver Surfer, you sure as hell better look after that”
He give me this beeming smile, signed it with the customary execlsior then handed it back. Very very happy memories.

The world has truly lost a genius but his legacy will always be there. Yesterday I took the bairns to the baths and smiled at how many kids were playing about in Spider-Man, Hulk, x men shorts. Barely old enough to read never mind where they came from. I’ll never be able to articulate how much his stories / characters influenced me as a kid and I suppose still do now. Gutted but grateful that him and his work have been such a big part of my life.

RIP Stan Lee.

RIP to a true legend. Sure he has ties to the North East through his wife somehow.

I don’t think they’re going the CGI route for him though sure I heard they’d just filmed a couple cameos in advance to give him a good send off.

True. I was a mate of a lad who was related to him. He visited Stan a few times in the late sixties/early seventies and Stan signed a few early marvel comics I owned. :cool:

Back