Stamp Collection - advice needed please.

Big Jeff

Winger
I have been given a large collection of stamps (thousands) many of them are foreign.

They are in an album but not organised and many are loose.

I have no idea of the value but would be interested to know what this collection is worth.

My dilemma is taking it to an unscrupulous dealer who could easily take a valuable stamp out and I would not know it had gone.

Can anyone recommend a good, honest, expert locally who could do a valuation?

Many thanks.

I have been given a large collection of stamps (thousands) many of them are foreign.

They are in an album but not organised and many are loose.

I have no idea of the value but would be interested to know what this collection is worth.

My dilemma is taking it to an unscrupulous dealer who could easily take a valuable stamp out and I would not know it had gone.

Can anyone recommend a good, honest, expert locally who could do a valuation?

Many thanks.
Terence Stamp can't be licked.

Corbett's in Newcastle.

Took ours there years ago, stamps from nazi Germany, from the 20s and 30s from the far East from counties that don't exist anymore, loads from the former eastern bloc, ones from South America and Palestine , all collected by my Belgian Jewish grandpa who escaped the holocaust and was in Israel as a teenager during its birth, loads of Israeli stamps etc..

The bloke looked at them for about 15 seconds and said 'nah not worth nowt'

British Penny Blacks (1d black) are famous, but unfortunately are neither fabulously valuable, nor rare. 68 million were produced and sold. Depending on condition (and other factors) they are currently worth typically £50-£100 each (less for poor quality, much more for superb).

Corbett's in Newcastle.

Took ours there years ago, stamps from nazi Germany, from the 20s and 30s from the far East from counties that don't exist anymore, loads from the former eastern bloc, ones from South America and Palestine , all collected by my Belgian Jewish grandpa who escaped the holocaust and was in Israel as a teenager during its birth, loads of Israeli stamps etc..

The bloke looked at them for about 15 seconds and said 'nah not worth nowt'
Thats the nearest dealer to us according to that Philataly site. I have no idea what makes a stamp valuable other than the obvious age, limited number produced, but also not really interested in speding weeks/months doing research.
If there's any £1 Brown Lilac's I will give you a tenner each for them 👀
They are worth up to £4,500 so I'll keep the three that I have

Last edited:

Back