Stale and repetitive

Keith S30S

Inside right
Staff member
We are no better than last season and that simply isn't good enough. We look nailed on for the play offs, again unacceptable.

We need to dominate games in terms of possession and chances created. We aren't doing that week in week out. 4 points out of 9 and we were very poor for long periods in all 3 games. If we had a long injury list or other reasons to be positive looking forward we could perhaps be more patient but there is nothing to suggest we are going to improve anytime soon.

If new investment comes in we need to get an immediate lift and with the transfer window about 15 weeks away the only way to do that is new blood in charge of the team.

Yes, I realise we are 4th and not a million miles away from top 2 but we need to be top of this poor league, bullying the opposition on a weekly basis. Anything less than winning the league (or a very close 2nd) is failure.

We are no better than last season and that simply isn't good enough. We look nailed on for the play offs, again unacceptable.

We need to dominate games in terms of possession and chances created. We aren't doing that week in week out. 4 points out of 9 and we were very poor for long periods of in all 3 games. If we had a long injury list or other reasons to be positive looking forward we could perhaps be more patient but there is nothing to suggest we are going to improve anytime soon.

If new investment comes in we need to get an immediate lift and with the transfer window about 15 weeks away the only way to do that is new blood in charge of the team.

Yes, I realise we are 4th and not a million miles away from top 2 but we need to be top of this poor league, bullying the opposition on a weekly basis. Anything less than winning the league (or a very close 2nd) is failure.

We had less possession and shots on goal than them last night. Hard to think given the start we had to the game.

Aye but there’s a significant proportion who don’t want him gone. I just can’t understand this view point. The football this season is worse than last.
To be honest I understand the argument that people don’t want him gone because they either want stability or because they don’t believe he has much say in signings and the squad isn’t good enough. I just don’t agree. That said there’s a few people on here who want us to believe he’s doing well. Someone yesterday said he’s doing a “great job” and that just baffles me.

We need to dominate games in terms of possession and chances created. We aren't doing that week in week out. 4 points out of 9 and we were very poor for long periods of in all 3 games. If we had a long injury list or other reasons to be positive looking forward we could perhaps be more patient but there is nothing to suggest we are going to improve anytime soon.

Thought this thread was going to be about marriage :D

To be honest I understand the argument that people don’t want him gone because they either want stability or because they don’t believe he has much say in signings and the squad isn’t good enough. I just don’t agree. That said there’s a few people on here who want us to believe he’s doing well. Someone yesterday said he’s doing a “great job” and that just baffles me.

Having a “not firing managers” policy is only a good idea when you have a good manager. Sadly everyone can see Ross isn’t up to the job at all. Any half decent manager would have got us promoted last season at a canter - the standard is so poor at this level. Literally all you need to do is be solid at the back and teams will just bend over backwards to let you score and win games. Take last nights goal, it was absolutely minging from a defensive point of view - shouldn’t be able to just punt it 70 yards and run in one on one with the keeper. And these are supposed to be one of the best sides in the league. Likewise Pompey, just passing us the ball in their box

We need to dominate games in terms of possession and chances created. We aren't doing that week in week out. 4 points out of 9 and we were very poor for long periods in all 3 games. If we had a long injury list or other reasons to be positive looking forward we could perhaps be more patient but there is nothing to suggest we are going to improve anytime soon.

We are fourth due to the incompetence of others and as you say it’s plain as day that we are once again headed for the play offs which spells trouble and inevitably means that we aren’t going up

Instead of winning our own games it feels like we’re relying on other teams to slip up. ie Luton and Barnsley and this year already playing catch up with Ipswich and Coventry. Dominated at home by Rotherham man. Having said that we could’ve knicked it near the end.

I have been critical of Ross but I think last night was more about individual errors from players. McGeady's penalty miss and Wyke clean through on goal were big moments.

However, we are not physically strong enough and you can argue mentally as well as we cant defend a 1-0 lead for love nor money.

Another worry for me is fitness - the Rotherham lads were obviously bigger and stronger but also looked fitter. Given our highest wage bill in div 3 (they should be motivated!!) as well as some of the the best training facilities in this league and arguably the country we should be the fittest team in the league by a country mile. We are not and that needs looking at.

We are in a results business...last night wasnt good enough. We need to improve and if we dont with the new investment there can be few complaints if the manager and some players are replaced as early as possible. The manager and players need to raise their game massively. Another season in Div 3 should not be an option given the wage bill now without any investment.

Last edited:

Back