Stairlift servicing

My grandad is sadly finding it increasingly difficult to move around his house. He's 87 and has terminal cancer. When my grandma was still alive, they had a stairlift fitted, but it's not been used for a very long time. Last serviced in 2011 because he didn't want to pay while he wasn't using it very often!

He tended to use it once a week or so just to keep it going, but then something happened and it's been stuck at the top of the stairs for quite a while now (a year or two). One of those problems that he wanted to keep on putting off, but now he would really benefit from being able to use it. He's never fallen on the stairs but he's fallen in his living room a few times now.

Does anyone know of any companies/people that would be able to get the thing back to being functional? I've tried to google but all I seem to find is sites where I can buy a new one.

Whatever you do, don't get these lads in:

Watched this for the first time last week. :lol:
Lots of ups and downs when you have a stair lift.
:lol:
Speak to Age Concern. They’re good for this sort of advice.

Alternatively, the community care / OT team are based in Leechmere, could be worth giving them a shout.
Cheers. I've just looked it up at Leechmere might be a bit far from where we live, but they might know who there is around this area (Shildon). 👍
Try these mate

Hope you get it sorted 👍🏻
Cheers marra.

Last edited:
There”a no point contacting Sunderland. Call the social work team (council) covering the area he lives.

Due to his condition they should allocate a social worker and or an occupational therapist. I’d have hoped through the GP or hospital he would have been referred anyway.

If you are wanting to just get someone to look at it then I’d suggest the manufacture or stannah and tell them the make / model and see if they will look at it.

Back