Stadium of light concerts 2024

Robbie is only doing BST as a uk exclusive

Pool of acts that can play the stadium is getting very small here , maybe we only have one this year

I'm starting to think we will end up with a summer festive of terrible z list singers
We already have a few mini festivals lined up In the city and at Herrington, but I wonder if something like what is happening next year at Malahide Castle in Dublin would work?
3 good bands that wouldn’t maybe fill a stadium but collectively would.
(Idles, Young Fathers, LCD Soundsystem)

We already have a few mini festivals lined up In the city and at Herrington, but I wonder if something like what is happening next year at Malahide Castle in Dublin would work?
I’ll go

Can't see that happening personally. Stadium gigs are pretty crap really, might aswell go and do Hardwick or similar which is generally a better place and better atmosphere for multiband events. Stadium gigs only work when it's a full house all seeing one band / person imo otherwise the atmosphere is crap.

Can't see that happening personally. Stadium gigs are pretty crap really, might aswell go and do Hardwick or similar which is generally a better place and better atmosphere for multiband events. Stadium gigs only work when it's a full house all seeing one band / person imo otherwise the atmosphere is crap.
I can’t walk home from hardwick though.

One of the best gigs I've ever been to was at the Cardiff Millennium stadium. Was a mini festival with 4 or 5 class bands on over the course of the early evening/night. Surprised they haven't become a thing tbh.

I can’t walk home from hardwick though.

That's true mind, I always wish we had something similar to Castlefield Bowl or the Scarborough OAT somewhere, love a good summer gig in the sun (or rain) but there's nothing really up here bar the crappy ones on the town moor or small festivals.

One of the best gigs I've ever been to was at the Cardiff Millennium stadium. Was a mini festival with 4 or 5 class bands on over the course of the early evening/night. Surprised they haven't become a thing tbh.

Surprised at that, guess they were all similar? I could always imagine people would come for one person then fuck off the rest so it'd be half empty. I know those Summertime Live or whatever they were called really failed at the SOL.

That's true mind, I always wish we had something similar to Castlefield Bowl or the Scarborough OAT somewhere, love a good summer gig in the sun (or rain) but there's nothing really up here bar the crappy ones on the town moor or small festivals.

Surprised at that, guess they were all similar? I could always imagine people would come for one person then fuck off the rest so it'd be half empty. I know those Summertime Live or whatever they were called really failed at the SOL.
Was Oasis, Foo Fighters, Razorlight and The Coral. Was called Noise and Confusion '05. Got ye monies worth that day.

Was Oasis, Foo Fighters, Razorlight and The Coral. Was called Noise and Confusion '05. Got ye monies worth that day.

Canny day out that mind, just had a Google £35 a ticket aswell. Mental how much gigs have gone up in recent years mind and before someone brings inflation in, it's still only £60.

Still rumours of a last ever Queen your, the amount of stadium bands that have been ruled out on here may mean we get a slice of that pie 🤞

Still rumours of a last ever Queen your, the amount of stadium bands that have been ruled out on here may mean we get a slice of that pie 🤞
I saw the Queen tour at Newcastle arena and I thought it was very poor. Obviously no Freddie but no John Deacon either, it was all a bit tribute act and that was 15-20 year ago.

Open question as I genuinely don't know but would they even sell out stadiums? They're very different to Elton John who is/was still alive, it's not really Queen as the Freddy is dead and John Deacon doesn't tour anymore either.

Back